• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Bead Question

carmike24

I finally took the plunge and made me a coolador. I just got my beads in the mail and was hydrating them. The package says to only add 1oz of water per 1lb of beads. So when I did this, I would say only about 50% at best of the beads became clear. Is this right? Just seems like more of the beads should be clear. I don't have any experience with beads so I'm not too sure. Thanks for your help guys!

Mike

Sounds perfect to me, Mike.

Of course you only want to use DISTILLED water and NOT "purified" or "drinking" water. I found that a little spray bottle from the grocery store set to mist is about the best way possible to hydrate beads. Fill it with distilled water and gently mist the beads until you get to about 50% clear. Easy to do and also helps prevent overwetting them, which can lead to mold in the beads. I learned that one the hard way..... :whistling:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

BBS speaks the truth! A fine mist to wet the beads will do great as you don't want to over saturate them. Another thing that I do since I have two separate bags of beads in my coolerdor is to only moisten one bag at a time. Wet one, place back in humi, wait a few days, wet the other one if needed. To me it is a little extra added buffer protection in case I get "trigger happy.". Best of luck! :thumbs:

Spray bottle and kitty litter... works great.

:p

Thanks a lot everyone. I went and got a spray bottle. That def. works better than just pouring water on them. Will keep posted when RH finally gets to the right spot. Not there yet right now, but on its way up.

I've never used a spray bottle. I just add the suggested amount of water and within a day or two, everything is fine.

I only used a 1/2 pound of 65%RH beads in each of my 100 qt and my 120 qt coolerdoors.