• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Box Code Question

Vegas1

Okay all you experts out there, I need some help on this code for a box of Diplomaticos #4.NNSU-VC-4I know I can count on you guys.

I read it as 11/98 but the vc-4 I have no idea.
I hope that helps.....Rob

The VC stands forVilla Clara, Santa Clara region (same as VSC):cool:

But ALL boxes of Diplomaticos are made at the "EL" Factory (El Laguito) also known as H.Upmann and "EL" belongs to the old codes. Now El Laguito Factory is known as "ECA" (New Codes)!!!Be carefull...

Actually JM or Jose Marti is the factory also known as H. Upmann. As far as I remember El Laguito has always been El Laguito. I think the Diplos are made elswhere though. I've not seen a box from El Laguito. What size are they Vegas1?

Though you can never be too sure, I dug around a bit and I think what you have as far as a code is legit. The diplos were made as a cheaper alternative to the Monte line and were made along side of the Montecristo brand, a different blend but similar sizes and made in several different factories.
On another note, the last three codes for the El Laguito factory were:
EL
EUN
LOME(newest) I couldn't find a code note for El Laguito as ECA, do you know when this one was put into use lalolemus? Anyway, if you want me to sample them to be sure they are real, you are more than welcome to send them my way. LOL Enjoy your smokes! I've had a couple of the Diplo #4's and have throughly enjoyed them.

Correction...Matt... I was checking the message that I post on Feb. 17 and I notice that I wrote "EL" (El Laguito) as the Diplomaticos Factory... I want to make a correction here... It is not "EL" (El Laguito Factory)... All Diplomaticos are rolled at the "JM" (Jose Marti also Known as H.Upmann) Factory. The new code that correspond to JM factory is ECA introduced in 1999. You were right!

I thought maybe you had just typed the wrong code in lalolemus, easy to do as confusing as these things get. I just checked with my tobacconist and he said yes, that most all vitolas of the Diplo line are indeed made at the Jose Marti factory except the #4 which is made at several factories including the Villa Clara factories. Reason being the similarity in size to the Monte #4 and other petite coronas. So, if Vegas got his smkoes from a reliable source he should have no concern of the legitimacy of the smokes.