• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another brilliant B&M worker

AKmik

I have seen several posts lately about moldy cigars and workers in cigar shops that are less than in the know on the subject, figured I would pass on this experience.

I have a shop that I frequent where service is great and selection is pretty darn good. I usually am able to score my share of Opus when they arrive as well as a lot of other great cigars. There is another shop on the other side of town that is either owned by the same people, or somehow connected. I happened to be down by shop #2 , which I have only been to once before, so I figured I would pop in and see what they had. I was happy to find three boxes of Opus on the shelf, #2s, super beli , and per #4s, all were down to the last of them. So I snatch up the last #2 , both beli, and the last three #4s and get to talking with the guys working in the shop. Then I ask if they get many Anejo when it is time, and one of them chimes in "we have some left".

My ears perk up and I am all over it. He pulls out a box of sharks and I am stoked, then he opens them up and I instantly lock on to the mold!! I said "it looks like you have a bit of fungus going on in there, I am going to pass on these" the guy says oh no, that is plume, and I say" across the foot too?" he assures me "it is white, plume is white if I saw this earlier I would have taken them home myself".
Anyway I told him they were all his, but it just astounds me that a guy working in a cigar shop could be that ignorant as to the condition of the cigars, and completely oblivious to the problem with new release Anejo which is pretty common.

I did not want to piss him of, so I let it be (did not want to miss out on future opus). I wanted to lay on the smart ass and ask how plume could be on cigars from this x mas delivery already, but I held my tongue the best I could.

For a second I was thinking I was about to score a box of sharks, then the let down. I will sum up the crashing feeling I had for you guys.

It was like checking out AVB's cigar girl from the post in the lobby area, yeah the hottie. Well picture a full photo where she is turned and facing you, you follow the beautiful silhouette down from the cigar, still looking good , even better, ("we have sharks") nice stomache... Oh yeah... and then ............ DOHHH!! :0 :0 :0 a big furry bean bag!!!

Oh well, at least I got a few great sticks.

See ya

Mike