• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Climmax Bead question

DreC

I have half a pound of 70% Climmax beads in a 250-300 ct humi. I haven't checked the humi in about a week or so. Today I looked and the humidity is climbing up to about 76%.

How do I dry these little suckers? I've read using a dryer but for how long? How can I tell I have dried them enough. Will they get damaged with the heat from the dryer or should I use the cool setting instead.

I know...I know...drying them doesn't sound to difficult, I'm obviously a slow learner.

Dry them out with a hair dryer. No, you cannot damage them.

How's the RH in your house? If you're experiencing humid weather right now and not airconditioning your house, the RH in the room may be higher than 70%

Now, the beads will work in reverse, they will actually make your humi LESS humid than the ambient air BUT they have to be dry enough to absorb the moisture first.

Set that dryer on "FULL" ;) and blow away :D

Thanks for the advice CC.

Is there ayway for me to tell if they are actually drying up?

They should dry pretty quickly. Not sure if there's an easy way to tell if they're dry or not ???

lucasbuck said:
They should dry pretty quickly. Not sure if there's an easy way to tell if they're dry or not ???
That's what I thought. However I did notice that some of the beads are white, some clear (transparent), and some are a light white color (milky). The only thing I could think of is that the white ones are dry and the clear ones are full. But i don't know for sure. :lookup:

DreC said:
lucasbuck said:
They should dry pretty quickly.  Not sure if there's an easy way to tell if they're dry or not  ???
That's what I thought. However I did notice that some of the beads are white, some clear (transparent), and some are a light white color (milky). The only thing I could think of is that the white ones are dry and the clear ones are full. But i don't know for sure. :lookup:
Nah, the three different appearances has nothing to do with some being wet and others being dry.
Open the humi up and let the RH drop.
Like I said, if the RH of your room is above 70, that won't work :0
It will definately work in Nevada but probably not in Florida. especially this time of year :p
And LB's suggestion is true in my experience, they dry pretty quickly ;)