• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another New Guy

Atchafalaya

Hi everyone, I'm Bret - just joining in for the first time! I've been smoking cigars for about ten years; however, I've been pretty clueless over the past few years regarding the uniqueness of different types of cigars, not to mention proper care of such.

I'm originally from South Louisiana (Lafayette) and moved to a Washington, D.C. suburb in 1995. 34 years of age and enjoy Golf, Atlantic City and great Habanos.

Not until a recent encounter with an authentic Cohiba Esplindido, did I really get hooked on the entire "cigar thing". This entire experience has got me hooked. I still consider myself a cigar novice; however, I'm absorbing tons of information which will further enrich the experience.

I've recently upgraded my cigar stash with phenomiminal collection of properly stored and aged Habanos from a relative that was an absolute cigar fanatic with a walk-in humidor.

Over the past few days, the "cigar pass" forum has been an excellent source for proper storage, temperature, humidity, etc... of cigars, not to mention great info on the Igloodor. As such, I decided to go the Igloodor route, since I'm in the process of building a house which I will customize a walk-in humidor and I do not want to burn any $ on a temporary humidor cabinet.

Today, I just purchased a few Igloo Maxcold 152 qt's. to store these bad boys along with my 120 or so other cigars (mostly Cohiba XV's & CAO's, but these do not compare to the newly aquired Habanos).

I'm positive that I will have tons of questions, in which I'm positive that will get answered within the forum, especially regarding the set-up of my Igloodors.

Looking forward to a long lasting experience and a few good cigar passes.

Welcome, Bret. It's good to see that you've done some research. There's tons 'o info on the site. Most can be found using the Search feature.

Welcome to CP. We have a few members in your area that you can herf with when the weather warms up.

Howdy Bret & welcome to CP from Sunny Central Florida....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Welcome aboard Bret! Now the fun begins............. Filling the Igloodor LOL

Good Luck ;)

BenjieV :D

Welcome, Bret!

Sounds like you've come into a great reason to need good info...and you've definitely come to the right place! CP is a great community with a wealth of knowledge to help you in your life o'the leaf!