• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another New Pepin Blend

sgates

New Pepin Blended 5 Vegas

Pepin has blended a new version of Cigars International's 5 Vegas. It's described as medium bodied, which sounds right up my alley as I enjoy his JJ's and other "medium" bodied Pepin blends (in addition to his fuller bodied blends). Hopefully this isn't a blend that is like the Legends series (which I enjoy, but is one dimensional) and is something unique unto itself. I have some coming & will do a review when I get them in.

Seth :thumbs:

This makes me want to cry a little on the inside...possibly on the outside as well. That may simply be because 5 Vegas is supported so heavily by the asshattery of cigar.com and top25cigar.com.

This makes me want to cry a little on the inside...possibly on the outside as well. That may simply be because 5 Vegas is supported so heavily by the asshattery of cigar.com and top25cigar.com.

Whats the deal with 5 Vegas? I have a few, I have not smoked any yet, but I plan too, I was going to smoke one tonight as a matter of fact. Are they involved with some shenanigans that I should be aware of?

Tim

I dunno man, I love pepin stuff but perhaps he's whoring him self out a bit too much. Its getting as hard to fallow all his stuff as it is to fallow gurkha stuff.

Whats the deal with 5 Vegas? I have a few, I have not smoked any yet, but I plan too, I was going to smoke one tonight as a matter of fact. Are they involved with some shenanigans that I should be aware of?

Tim

I think they're an OK cigar that has been hyped by those sites into something that it's not...I just hate cigar.com

Rumor has it that late fall Pepin is going to be working with the Phillie Blunt watermelon for a "Pepin Green label" air tip!!! All Nicaraugan tobacco, and Chinese tip.

The Pepin Swish Sweet culebra will follow shortly.

I dunno man, I love pepin stuff but perhaps he's whoring him self out a bit too much. Its getting as hard to fallow all his stuff as it is to fallow gurkha stuff.

Yeah, you're right. Maybe Pepin and Hansotia have a bet to see who can be the first to 1000 blends.

Rumor has it that late fall Pepin is going to be working with the Phillie Blunt watermelon for a "Pepin Green label" air tip!!! All Nicaraugan tobacco, and Chinese tip.

The Pepin Swish Sweet culebra will follow shortly.

New addition to my bombing arsenal for sure.  BTW nice sigtag Quade

I really enjoy the 5 vegas A's and classic lines. I DO NOT like the gold's though. It does seem like Pepin is doing a TON of different blends/lines, yet i still haven't had any of his offerings.... :angry:

I see another Troya just a different name. I hope my clairvoyance is distorted like my actual eyesight.

Hmmm, it's hard to take this as good news. I guess the jury is out until someone puts up a review or I actually try it myself, but like others, it seems as though he's all over the place right now.

As long as the main lines I enjoy don't suffer, it won't matter much to me, but I can't help but think the DPG name will lose a little luster if he keeps blending these cheapo cigars.

Again, the jury is out as of now though. We'll see.

Hmmm, it's hard to take this as good news. I guess the jury is out until someone puts up a review or I actually try it myself, but like others, it seems as though he's all over the place right now.

As long as the main lines I enjoy don't suffer, it won't matter much to me, but I can't help but think the DPG name will lose a little luster if he keeps blending these cheapo cigars.

Again, the jury is out as of now though. We'll see.
Don't be mistaken. It's not the price, it's the quality. 5 Vegas have enjoyed a bad reputation for good reason in many people's minds. I don't care if DPG lends his masterful touch to something inexpensive, just don't lend it it to complete crap.

JMO

so far I've enjoyed every DPG. I've also only tried the 5 vegas A, and liked it. So with the math of the 2 brands I've consumed in this marriage it's a win win!

I have a box of the Miami petite corona and a toro single on the way, I'll post up results.

as I was about to hit the add reply button I thought of a DPG I don't care for. Padilla Edicion Especial Achilles.

Don't be mistaken. It's not the price, it's the quality. 5 Vegas have enjoyed a bad reputation for good reason in many people's minds. I don't care if DPG lends his masterful touch to something inexpensive, just don't lend it it to complete crap.

JMO

Well, that's really my opinion. It may very well be a good cigar, but if he's going to start associating his name with brands that have the reputation for being "cheap", then his name may tarnish a bit.

I'm speaking purely of a reputation and not the quality of the cigar. I shouldn't have said blending cheapo cigars, but rather, associating with cheapo brands.

It's easy to point out numerous examples of why price doesn't always reflect quality.

Tim

Completely agree, case and point is Marc's thread about the numerous Pepin brands. At this point it is nearly impossible to keep up with everything he does, which IMO really makes takes a bit of the "aura" if you will, away from his line. I was having a conversation with someone a few weeks ago and brought this up. It almost felt like it was blasphemy although it really is true. Before long he will rival Gurkha if he keeps this up.