• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Newbie Review

SamGuss

Last night, I sat in front of my television to watch a movie and enjoy a
long smoke. Life has been very busy and hetic of late (one of the reasons
you haven't seen me posting much) and I have not been smoking with my normal gusto that I enjoy. So last night I broke out my one and only C.A.O.
Odyssey. This cigar came in it's own black coffin with the C.A.O. logo and
was a beautiful dark brown cigar, pointed on either end. A bright blue and
silver cigar band decorated this cigar which was also cellephaned.

What an aroma when I took it out of the cellephane! The cigar has been
sitting in my humidor now for about 2 months and I know was at the cigar
shop for at least a full month (I debated every week about trying one when I went in and I knew this was there only box - I am ashamed to admit I got the last 2, one of which was used in a box pass). Even with this relatively young age the cigar's odor was potent and appealing. Coffee, tobacco and maduro character odors filled my nose and my Melissa enjoyed the fragrant
smell also.

The cut and light went extremely smooth and the draw relatively easy for a
C.A.O. and strong! This potency of strength however did fade with the cigar
to become a very full bodied yet smooth smoke, crisp and refreshing. With
tastses of coffee, nuts, cocoa and of all things a hint of coconut, this
cigar was pleasing to all the senses. It smelled great, it looked great and
tasted awesome. Hands down the best C.A.O. cigar I have had to date. Lasting just under 2 hours, this cigar need re-lighting on one side only once about half way through and otherwise burned very evenly.

This cigar rated a 91 out of 100 and has become the top rated C.A.O. cigar
of my collection and reviews (an 89 was given awhile back for the C.A.O.
Brazilla Samba, and the anniversaries routinely rate in the high 80's). One
of the most enjoyable aspects of this cigar was the "suprise" factor.
Several C.A.O. smokers I have talked with didn't rate this cigar very high
and even those who enjoyed it did not feel the price was worth it compared
to the other C.A.O. lines. I would have to respectively disagree as this
cigar kept and increased drastically the flavor of the Anniversary and
Maduro lines; added more punch than the Brazilla line with more smoothness and beat out the regular gold line easily. Only the Extreme line is perhaps more potent (in my opinion), though with this line the goal was obviously to create a very strong and potent cigar, so as much as I enjoy the Extreme's, the line itself isn't as complex as say the Brazilla's can be. This all made the Odyssey into the best of all the C.A.O. lines by keeping the best from each of the various lines and placing it in one extraordinary cigar.

I will be doing my best to hunt down more of these as I can come accross and afford them. They are a little pricey when compared to the other C.A.O.
lines, mine costing me $15 a shot from the store.

Until later,

Sam the newbie

Check out cigarbid.com, they usually have them in singles or box of 10.

Nice review! One of my favorite CAO's as well! :D

Just finished smoking one this evening. Great pre-light aroma and draw. Burned evenly with no touch-ups and plenty of smoke. Very flavorful. :thumbs:

I just bought a few at the JR's Selma store. I love this cigar. I find it to be an interesting middle ground between the Anni line and the Brazilia line. This is definately on of my top 5 cigars . And at $15 a pop for singles, I would say that is bought right. All 3 places I have seen them have been 15 clams.

Emo