• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any cowboys out there?

5 O'Clock Somewhere

Just thought about it right now as I'm listening to George Strait's Somewhere Down in Texas. Anyone else out there own a pair of ostrich boots, rodeo wallet, stetson, the works? I'm actually about to get a new pair of boots myself, probably not another pair of full quills because they're a little outrageously priced, but I need a pair of everyday boots. I'm thinking these Nocona's:

nb2007.jpg

Yay? Nay?

I'm sure a lot of you are going "those friggin' Texan's with their boots and hats!" A lot of people aren't into it, so if you're gonna hate, just hate on me :D

I have a pair of ostrich boots for special occasions and a stetson though it's more of a novelty that I never wear. Real cowboys wear boots, jeans, a belt with a huge buckle, a t-shirt and a dirty worn out baseball cap. I have them all but you'll be hard pressed to find me wearing that belt :D

Oh, btw, go for some Tony Lama's!

I have a pair of ostrich boots for special occasions and a stetson though it's more of a novelty that I never wear. Real cowboys wear boots, jeans, a belt with a huge buckle, a t-shirt and a dirty worn out baseball cap. I have them all but you'll be hard pressed to find me wearing that belt :D

Oh, btw, go for some Tony Lama's!

I am currently wearing all of the above except the belt, but I have one. :laugh: I wear my stetson whenever I drink (and by drink I mean really, not my regular beer or two). Tony Lama's are nice, I just love all things Nocona. Boots I won't wear are Luccheses. My dad has a pair of classics and I think they're overpriced (he dropped $240 on a pair of black cherry elk, which should be more like $175).

Nocona has some nice stuff indeed but are you talking about for dress up boots or every day boots? If you're going to be wearing them daily I recommend Redwings. Indestructible and all around excellent!

Go for a pair of Tony Lama Bullhide for everyday & working. They fit like a glove and the cost is very reasonable. My newest pair is 15+ years old & I just resole them every few years. Stick with the riding heels, the others are Goat Ropers! :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :0 & no Cockroach Kickers 3 sizes too big.

I don't have a hat, boots, or none of that stuff and I hate country music.....but I have a horse dose that make me a cowboy.

I wear my sperry topsiders where ever I go!! Oh they are about 4 years old and still have the same soles ;). These are boating shoes by the way for all you sh*8 kickers :laugh: :laugh: I think I will by my wife some assless chaps!!

I'm a good ole boy, but boots and a Texas belt buckle are no longer in the cards for me.

Anybody else notices that only Texans have posted in here... :laugh: ...including myself.. :whistling:

I am by no means a cowboy (or a Texan for that matter, although I did live there briefly as an army brat when I was three), but I do have a nice pair of lizard toed Tony Lamas........ (and I have stayed at a Holiday Inn). :p

I'd have to say Yea, in my opinion Nocona makes the most comfortable boot. I've had most of them Dan Post Snake skin my least fav., Tony Lamma my second fav. calf leather, low and high quill Ostrich, Justin in dress boots and my fav. for work also Double H for work. The best, Nocona I've had eel, shark, lizard, deer skin, calf skin with lizard tips, also back when it was legal a pair of elephant in chocolate brown. Besides a few pair of gym shoes I've only worn cowboy boots since I was in the 6th grade (1976) I'm a cowboy from way back. LOL

Yep, I've got a pair of alligator-toed Dan Posts that are maybe 30 years old and a pair of lizard-toed Sanders boots made in Mexico that are several years old too. I wore a pair of Justin, black dungaree boots for many years but they are long gone now. Have a couple of western hats; straw and felt. Love my Wrangler and Lee dungarees too!

Dan

Nothin fancy here.... My Stetson hangs on the wall, (mostly to cover up a hole i put in the wall, too lazy to fix) and I wear a ballcap all the time. I use plain wheat color work boots when workin with the 25 horses we have here.

Those are good lookin boots in the first post, so if you like' em , wear em! (just dont wear'em in the pasture :D ).

The Lucchese 2000 is the best fitting and most comfortable boot that I have ever owned. I have this boot in kangaro, deer, full quill ostrich, and lizard. Also own a couple of Tony Lama's, elephant, bull hide, and python. May be leaving out a few??

I have these

boot.jpg

they are Tony Lama TLX xt2005's (i believe) they are very comfortable and I use them as an everyday boot, may not be your style but just thought I would try to give you some input!

Take a look at Ariats. They're some of the most comfortable boots I've owned. I've also got a pair of Lucchese full quills that I picked up on the irregulars table for $119.00. Had them for two years and still can't point out the flaw.

I grew up in the cattle business, we usually had around 2000 head, was roping (work, not rodeo stuff) at 11. Owned one pair of cowboy boots years ago, never owned a cowboy hat, none of the other 'urban cowboy' wear. Guess i ain't no cowboy.

Well since I'm at that rival school of 5'Oclock, Im pretty sure he can guess that I have all of the above.

My Tony's and my Justin's are pretty much the loves of my life. I wear 2 different Larry Mahan hats, one black beaver felt and the other white straw. The beaver felt with a horse hair band ran about 200$ and is a XXXX (4x), the White straw is a XXXXX (5x)

Misc. buckles and studded belts/ rodeo wallets. But then again everyone in College Station has 'em. Maybe i should throw this out there with all that gear...but how can u be a cowboy without a dip ring in your back pocket? Gotta play the part, not just act it...

I think I have a Resistol and a pair of Justin Ropers in the closet that are older than half the people on this board. Come to think of it, I know a saddle that I just couldn't part with is. BTW, George is the most humble down-to-earth kazillionaire a person could ever meet.