• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any experience with ozone generators?

I rely on mine religiously. I leave it on overnight after I'm done smoking in my man cave. By morning you cannot smell any indication of a cigar

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

Yeah, I have done some research on the health hazards of the things, they're serious business. I definitely plan to use it on a timer, to only go on in the wee hours when no one is in the vicinity. If I'm gonna die early, I'd prefer it be from something enjoyable, like cigars. :)

These are VERY dangerous, make sure you use a timer and shut off the area being treated...
Mine has an adjustment for fan speed and o-zone production, I keep it set where I can close the door and run it over night.

I have a commercial unit that was given to me by a friend who owns a fire restoration company, that unit could be dangerous! I use it occasionally when my hunting camp smells musty from being closed up. I have to put away anything hard rubber like remote control units, etc. because it will eat the rubber. If I leave this unit on for a week, while I'm gone, I have to open the door, run in and shut it off, and the run back outside while holding my breath. I wait a minute and run in again and open windows and run back out. It's gone in five minutes.....and so is the musty smell. :)

I hadn't even thought of that - I'm kind of anal about my hunting cabin, I clean it very thoroughly twice a year. But it still does get a musty smell sometimes. I think I'll try lugging this thing up there, just leave it on for a few hours while I go out. Trying to think if there's anything in there it would damage.... I have a bunch of canning jars, food on shelves... Do you worry about that kind of stuff?

Do NOT screw around with ozone; it will **** up your day.
I had a job once where I was situated right next to a copy machine at work.
I was slowly being 'poisoned' by the copy machine & I believe it had some cumulative effect.
There were days when I would go to work feeling just fine & a bit after being at work I would start feeling 'off.'
After several weeks of this I went to work one day, sat down at my desk, and after about 45 minutes after I clocked in I started to feel like I was about to faint, I had trouble breathing, and I started having heart arrhythmias.
I barely had the strength to get out of my chair, I finally got up, my boss noticed me & knew something was wrong, and I told my boss I thought I may be having a stroke.
My boss wanted me to go straight away to see a doctor but I said maybe, maybe not. Worked all day but went to the ER after work; they ran a D-Dimer & a Tropinin ratio because they were concerned I had a cardiac event.
They also asked a lot of questions & eventually theorized I experienced excessive ozone exposure inhalation at my job, from the copy machine.
Went to work the next day & the facilities folks moved the copy machine away from near my desk.
After that I never had the problem again.

DON'T **** around with ozone; I've been there ....................

Ozone is seriously corrosive. Bill's advice and cautions are prudent, to say the least.
Tom, do you know anything about the concentrations it takes to be an issue? I know in extreme concentrations like they use to deodorize a house after a house fire, it is hazardous. I've been using it for decades at low levels.

I blamed that extra ear on agent orange:rolleyes:

I've got to be honest, I don't know what the limits are. What I do know is that in very high concentration, it is used to etch silicon wafers. It's very reactive with organic materials.

Found this - it's pretty good: