• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any experiences with travel humidors?

gardkarlsen

How long you going to have in there and how many you talking about. If it is going to be short time a zip lock bag will work for a few days.
How fast will depend on the outside climate.
I have THIS and I like it. Take it to work so I have a smoke for the drive home.

Not sure from your post how many cigars you need to be able to hold, but since you said the first link was $20, I assume you are referring to the 5-stick model. I carry the Otterbox travel humidors ranging from 2-Stick to 30-Stick and a very similar tube to the post above which holds 2-4 cigars depending on ring guage. The Otter Boxes are excellent products and are extremely durable. They are crush proof and water proof as well. The SS Tube is very nice as well, but is not as rugged.

5-Stick Otter Box
SS-Humi Tube

I can give you 5% off either of these if you are interested. Just PM or Email me and I will give you a coupon code.

Dave

Have a 5er for day to day and a 15er for weekend float trips

Got my 15 from Rod, check with him if he has any left.

sorry tried to find original post, will update when found

Paul

humi

edit for link

...And is it important to have this?

I think so. Not only do you ensure they are properly humidified, but also that they don't get jostled about in transit. A big concern for me would be ensuring the cigar doesn't get broken or the wrapper torn. I view vacations/weekends away as times to enjoy some of the higher end smokes in my collection. To me, $20 for a travel humidor to protect a few cigars that cost anywhere from $10 to $30 apiece is a justifiable expense.

...How fast will a cigar dry up when traveling if you don't have this?

Dunno on this one, but a good travel humidor paired with a good humidifier (such as the one found here) makes for one less thing you have to be worried about. Improperly humidified cigars take away from the experience, IMO.

I have the Xikar and have been pleased with it's performance thus far. My only regret is not getting a larger one. Mine only holds 10 cigars.

I carry the Otterbox travel humidors ranging from 2-Stick to 30-Stick

http://www.armoredhumidor.com/

Apparantly one guy was tired of paying for expensive ones and just started marketing his own made from Pelican/Otter boxes. Look pretty nice and all set up for you.

Trying to sell us something on your first post? :whistling: Why not introduce yourself and fill out your profile so we know who we are dealing with.
Welcome to CP :thumbs:

Nice sales pitch, but if you bothered to check, you would see that Armored Humidors are quite a bit more expensive than the Otterbox line.
Trying to sell us something on your first post? whistling.gif Why not introduce yourself and fill out your profile so we know who we are dealing with.
Welcome to CP thumbs-up.gif

I guess that did look really bad. Oops. I usually hate people that do that. I just recently saw their site and thought it was cool and all. Does otterbox have an official website or anything I can get a complete and comprehensive look at theirs?

5 count otterbox for a day trip.... 32 count for a few day trip. Get em cheap on CBID

I have the 5 count csonka with cutter and matches inside...I use it when I travel..I put a humistat stick in it and it does a good job..Very pleased with it..Not really made for roughing like the otterbox is, more fore normal travel.

BullyVet

Check out the Zero Haliburton Ambassador and Diplomat if you want the best of the best. Otherwise go with an otterbox.