• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any one ever had?

ads47

Just curious if anyone has ever had any of these and your thoughts on them. I have always been a fan of the Beam's Small Batch Collection and the Rockhill Farms, Blantons, Hancocks Reserve. Pretty much the standard small batch single barrel types of Bourbons. I am looking to delve deeper into the rare fine bourbons.

thanks
ads

Distillers Masterpiece Bourbon, either of the years

Elijah Craig Single Barrel

George T Stagg Bourbon

Noahs Mill Bourbon

Rowan Creek Bourbon

Woodford Reserve VIP, Is it much different than the standard Woodford

AH Hirsch

I'm sure our resident expert on spirits AVB will weigh in on this soon :D

I love Elijah Craig 18 year.

butter and vanilla scented that adds almonds on the body of the taste and gives a nice long fiery burn that reveals yet more spice.

Distillers Masterpiece Bourbon, either of the years - Overpriced as far as the bourbon itself goes but toss in the crystal decanter and it may be worth the $200 or so that is being asked for them.

Elijah Craig Single Barrel - I'll be doing a review of this at some point in the future, well worth the $40-45 asking price

George T Stagg Bourbon - Another that will be getting the review treatment soon. Hard to find (at least it was for me) but again worth the $40 or so.

Noah's Mill Bourbon - This is on my list to get so at some point I'll be doing a review of it. Can't tell you anything else about it.

Rowan Creek Bourbon - Never heard of this one, send me some and I'll review it :)

Woodford Reserve VIP - This is the same bourbon as in the regular bottle except the packaging is different. Makes for a nice gift with the box and personal label.

AH Hirsch - The 16 yo can still be found but the 20 is next to impossible. This was bottled in 1990 and no more will ever be made. Buy whatever you can now.

Some to add to your list

Jefferson's Reserve 15 yo
Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 and 23 yo
W. L. Weller 19 yo
The Classic Cask Single Barrel Rye Whiskey 15 yo
Sazerac Rye 18 yo
Johnny Drum 15 yo 101 proof

I have read articles about many of the small batch, limited distribution bourbon. But, I do not know anywhere close to home that sells very many of the brands. Can you find some of this stuff on the net or do you just have to get lucky?

Lots of searching is required sometimes to find things at a decent price. An example is the AH Hirsch 16 which is $70+ at alot of places but it can be found for $45 if you look hard enough.

(All prices are without shipping)