• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any opinions on the Graycliff Elegante blue label

QuePsiPhiSmkr

Slow growing member
While I was in the Bahamas, I purchased the Graycliff Elegante Blue label. Any opinions on these sticks?

Never tried them but have been to their factory in the Bahamas..........Met avelino Lara's son.....Does anyone know who Avelino Lara is? Just a bit of trivia ???

Never tried them but have been to their factory in the Bahamas..........Met avelino Lara's son.....Does anyone know who Avelino Lara is? Just a bit of trivia ???

Wasn't he the former El Laguito factory manager and the one who blended Cohibas?

Wasn't he the former El Laguito factory manager and the one who blended Cohibas?

Half correct .......He was the El Laguito factory manager........He was not the original blender of the cohiba......Nice going though :D

Bob

Half correct .......He was the El Laguito factory manager........He was not the original blender of the cohiba......Nice going though :D

Bob

Who was?

Absolutely, I smoked one. A dry smoke. Not really complex. I thought it was mild for my taste. The rest of the sticks I have resting in the cabinet.
Hopefully they get better with age. :) Never had 'em, so I can't be any more helpful.

I believe it was Che Guevara

Are you joking? I can't believe that....... :whistling:

I remember a CA article saying he was the one who "guarded" the blend for Cohiba and Trinidad when it was just a diplomatic smoke. Didn't say who blended it though.....Sorry for the threadjack, interesting though.

I believe it was Che Guevara

Are you joking? I can't believe that....... :whistling:

I remember a CA article saying he was the one who "guarded" the blend for Cohiba and Trinidad when it was just a diplomatic smoke. Didn't say who blended it though.....Sorry for the threadjack, interesting though.

The original blend was developed by Eduardo Rivera.........According to Min Ron Nee's Book

So you went to Graycliff factory and didn't smoke one of their cigars?

I was gifted one right off the rolling table..........fair smoke nothing to write home about.....I really mainly smoke ISOMs