• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Screaming Eagles in the House?

stevehawk

'Member? C'mon you 'member!
Guys, I need some help...

There’s a scene in my next book that involves a helicopter rappel. I'm a former paratrooper, which would be great if I was doing a parachute drop. But I am not air assault qualified. I would like to have someone with the right creds give it a quick read for accuracy. Any 101st Airborne out there?

If you, or someone you know, is qualified and willing to offer feedback on the scene (roughly 2-3 pages), please shoot me a PM. You'd get an acknowledgement in the book for the assist.

Thanks!

S.

Steve, good to see you. No help from me, but best of luck on the book.

Now, visit more often!

Sorry Steve, I only know how to diagnose and cure the clap,and treat sucking chest wounds. If you need help with that I'm your huckleberry. I have jumped out of choppers before but Marine pilots are good at getting close to the ground.;)

Doc.

Yeah, Matt, I do need to visit more often. Most of my discretionary time is sucked up by my writing these days.

Thanks, Doc. I will keep you in mind for when I need combat medic advice. It might be sooner than later.

My nephew is currently serving as crew chief on a Blackhawk (lucky bastid is currently assigned to SHAPE HQ in Belgium). I've reached out to him for assistance as well. He has prob been involved with a few of these but I don't think he's air assault qualified.

Does JHolmes visit much these days? IIRC, he was 101st. I might reach out to him directly also.

Yeah, Matt, I do need to visit more often. Most of my discretionary time is sucked up by my writing these days.

Thanks, Doc. I will keep you in mind for when I need combat medic advice. It might be sooner than later.

My nephew is currently serving as crew chief on a Blackhawk (lucky bastid is currently assigned to SHAPE HQ in Belgium). I've reached out to him for assistance as well. He has prob been involved with a few of these but I don't think he's air assault qualified.

Does JHolmes visit much these days? IIRC, he was 101st. I might reach out to him directly also.

He is moving soon I think, you want me to give him a ring for you? He would be glad to help.

I can't help with specifics on that topic, but I can find someone. I got a buddy in Afg that would be happy to help, I think. I'll shoot you a PM.

John

I can't help with specifics on that topic, but I can find someone. I got a buddy in Afg that would be happy to help, I think. I'll shoot you a PM.

John

Thanks, John. PM coming back your way.

S.

I've got a couple friends that did air assault, all they told me is that slingloading sucks. One of them is now a batt boy, and I think the other one is in a'stan. I'll see if I can get in touch with either one.

Thanks everyone. I think jholmes and Swissy have me taken care of on this one.

You guys are the best!

S.