• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone been to St. Lucia?

Fast4Dr

Single Malt Newbie
Just curious if any of you have been to the Sandals Regency St. Lucia, and what you thought about it?

Had an investigator there on business picking up fugutives and he had a good time in St. Lucia. Don't know where he stayed though. He was gone for a long time......

Went on my honeymoon and stayed there 4 years ago. We had a great time there. It depends what your looking for though. We were looking for a relaxing trip and it suited us perfectly. It's kind of expensive, but we sat by the pool most of the day drinking by the swim up bar. Went snorkeling, scuba diving, and kayaking all included in the price. The night life is a bit tame, everyone seems to be doing their own thing and we didn't venture off the resort.

The people working there treated you like royalty, the food at some some of the restaurants was great (others just good) and the rooms were nice. At the time we went their were only 2 Sandals resort on St. Lucia and the Regency was the nicer one of the two (we did check out the other one while we were there). They now have a third resort which might be nice as well.

The wife wants to go back for one of our anniversaries, but for the money I want to check out somewhere else. I don't regret going there though.

Fast4Dr said:
Just curious if any of you have been to the Sandals Regency St. Lucia, and what you thought about it?
[snapback]228501[/snapback]​
i had my honeymoon there in jan of '05. stayed up in the blue suites on the hill. was wonderful, the food was very good. the drinks were weak, so if you can, get straight liquor (my fav was johnny walker black), you should manage to catch a nice buzz. LaToc is the french restaurant on the resort, make a reservation, you get a bottle of french wine with dinner, and the food was very good. The Japanese rest was good, and the buffets were very good as well.
They do sell ISOM's in the gift shop, and believe it or not, they are not too over priced. I picked up 2- 5 pk's of cohiba siglo I's for 50.00 a piece.They had some of the famous ISOM's as well, but those were some of the first cigars I had ever smoked.
I recommend going on the jeep tour of the rain forest, it was a lot of fun, as well as a helicopter tour of the island. If you like water sports, the snorkeling adventure was really good as well. All in all, my wife and I would love to get back there some time soon. It is very laid back, you can do as much or as little. The theme of the island is "no pressure, no problem". The people are very nice, the street vendors back off when you tell them that you are not interested in the products they are selling. We did not venture to the other resorts, had no desire to take a taxi around, we hung out on the beach and enjoyed the peace and quite. You will have a wonderfull time there, a little pricy, but well worth it.
check my website in my profile and you can see the gallery of my st. lucia pics to give you an idea of what the place looks like. take care

My wife and I stayed at Sandals in Ocho Rios, and it was a great vacation. I've heard that the St. Lucia resort is one of the nicest Sandals, and even better than any of the Jamaica resorts.

They sold isoms at the gift shop at the Ocho Rios location as well, but I didn't know enough at the time to tell if they were genuine. I would hate to think that a resort of that stature would sell (knowingly) fakes.

The St. Lucia Sandals is high on our list of future places to go. Don't forget to load up on cheap duty-free booze!