• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone been to the DR?

Puro Man

I'm thinkin' of going there for a week during Christmas time. Anyone ever been? If so, did you go to any factories like the Fuente factory? I am really curious about this one. I've been to Jamaca, Bahamas, and Cayman, but never the DR. I love the Carib. White sand, blue water, tan women...ok back to the reality of Houston- HOT weather, Hot car, HOT house, HOT every fricken thing!!! IT IS SO HOT HERE! Sorry, I had to vent that out. Back on subject...reply if you've been or have plans to go. Thanks.

Wow zero posts...this topic was a blow. I can't believe that none of us cigar aficionados have been to the 2nd largest island in the Carib! I guess I'll let you guy know how it turns out once I go. Anyway, keep on puffin'

My father lived there between 83' and 90'. I have a half brother there that I have never met, I have never visited myself and most likely will never.
He did bring back some nice ISOMs when he visited home though.

Hey, just noticed this post, but I just got back from there last month!  Went to Punta Cana on the extreme eastern end of the island.  Stayed at an all-inclusive resort called Bavaro Palace (they have 5 seperate resorts at this one complex)  Overall, it was a GREAT time!  check out www.debbiesdominicantravel.com for personal reviews/tips/deals/etc.  Only bad things are: IT'S F'in HOT!!! But, you're used to that, and the flight is a Long'un, and after 3 or 4 days the ****s kick in like you wouldn't beleive!!!  They cook with  ALOT of oil and after a few days it's kinda like Xenical, you've got the stringy ****s!!!  Although, those things would not keep me from going back ,tomorrow even, that web site will help you out a great deal.oh yeah, and  TOPLESS BEACHES!!!!!! Gotta' love 'em!oh yeah again, don't buy and "habanos"  haha you'll get the red-ass for sure!!Ryan (Edited by Big Worm at 11:33 pm on July 24, 2001)

HAHA LMAO. Bigworm you're too much. Thanks for the website, I'll check it out. I can see myself now with Opus xXx on the topless beach admiring the...CAN'T WAIT TO GO!! WAHOO! Bigworm, did you find cigars that are hard to get here (ie between the lines and untold stories)?

Naw, cigars were readily available, but I'd say 95% of them on the resort and surrounding area were F.A.K.E., just my opinion/observation but I'm not an expert fake spotter as I've been duped before!!! If you do go, Good lUck and you'll have one hellova' time!!

That's too bad. #### fakes everywhere...AHHHH! Oh well, those people have to make a living some how. I still am really excited to go. I know it's going to be hot and humid, but I've been to Mexico and Honduras before so I'm sure it isn't much worse than there. Besides, Houston is f'in hot as ####!