• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone else have this issue with the Tatuaje red tubo?

I enjoyed the reds more then the blacks. I haven't had either since the end of December, they've been resting comfortabley. I really enjoy Petes new releases as of lately it's just concern with craftsmanship and "paint gate" with the Dracs and some of the Tubos.

Many of the Tatuaje wrappers are thin and fragile. Nothing to do with craftmanship. Unless you're referring to something else.

The wrappers are thin and break often which is a shame. Mainly I was refering to the Drac release where they simplied smelled strongly of paint thinner as did a box of the red tubos I have. It just me in regards to those mentioned things. I still buy Tatuaje stuff all the time, just it seems his QC has gone down a tad.

Edit: I can't spell.

Gottya. I still buy the browns as well. Love em. Thin wrappers or not.

A little over a month ago I purchased a Tatuaje red tubo from my b&m. After letting it rest in my humidor, I decided to light it up this afternoon. As soon as I took it out of the tube, the wrapper immediately began to crack, split and flake rendering the stick unsmokable. I took it back to my b&m, and Isy (uptownisy) as always, took care of me and swapped it for a new one.

Just wondering if anyone else had the same issue? I've never had that happen before with any cigar.

I haven't noticed too much of an issue with the red tubos, but I have had some issues with the blacks. I've found that the best thing to do for me is to take the caps off the tubes and let them sit in my humidor for at least 2 weeks before smoking them.

A little over a month ago I purchased a Tatuaje red tubo from my b&m. After letting it rest in my humidor, I decided to light it up this afternoon. As soon as I took it out of the tube, the wrapper immediately began to crack, split and flake rendering the stick unsmokable. I took it back to my b&m, and Isy (uptownisy) as always, took care of me and swapped it for a new one.

Just wondering if anyone else had the same issue? I've never had that happen before with any cigar.

I haven't noticed too much of an issue with the red tubos, but I have had some issues with the blacks. I've found that the best thing to do for me is to take the caps off the tubes and let them sit in my humidor for at least 2 weeks before smoking them.

I totally took them out of the tubes. I pulled the tray out of the box and they are in the humi that way. I keep the tubes in a zip log back if I need them. :thumbs:

I've not experienced any problems with the Red Tubes, but several of the cigars from the black tubes have had ashes that just bloomed/flowered on me...