• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone ever had their Gall bladder out?

LockOut

I have been having minor stomach aches for about a month every time I eat a full meal lately. normally they just go away. I ate some really fatty and greasy burgers and fries last night and had a stomach ache. Came home after working the over night and woke up about 45 minutes later in intense pain. Some of the worse pain I had ever had. Wound up taking an ambulance ride to the hospital with one of my co-workers working me up. A bunch of pain meds and anti nausea meds later we have come down to I have gall stones and gall bladder inflammation. I have to go see a surgeon Monday to schedule surgery. What should i expect from it. Also anyone got nay good low fat or not fat recipes or foods that I can get by on until i get this stupid thing out?

Gall bladder problems run in my family, both sides. My dad had his out; I've managed to avoid issues with mine by watching what I eat---extra virgin olive oil only, no cream cheese or ultra premium ice creams, no deep fried anything, Canadian bacon and turkey sausage instead of the high fat pork products.

South Beach Diet cookbook has really tasty recipes for low fat, low carb meals.

~Boar

I had mine removed in 2003. But they removed it when I donated 60% of my liver to my mother so any side effects of it were masked by the pain of missing half my liver and waiting for it to grow back. A diabetic cook book will also have low fat and low carb recipes. The one thing I have noticed since it has been removed though, don't stray too far from a restroom within 30-40 mins after you eat. ;)

Sorry to hear you'll have to go through this, man. Here's to a speedy recovery. :thumbs:

3 months after I had my gastric bypass, I had my gall bladder removed. It was giving me MAJOR pain/problems and after a few tests, they said that what I had were tiny granule-size stones. After I had my stomach stapled and my system was not processing the same amount and type of food anymore, it just started revolting against me. The surgery was nothing in my case. I was in and out the same day and fully recovered in about 10 days or less. I am sorry to hear about your troubles, but having it removed will do you a world of good. Hope you have a fast recovery!!

Melly

I don't know anyone that's had one removed, but I've seen the process on a documentary or two. The process I saw was laparoscopic surgery so it's less invasive than open sugery.

All the best to you LockOut, here's hoping for a speedy and complete recovery.

I had mine out 2 yrs ago. I had the same symptoms as you did but I could not link mine to anything specific; my wife said it was pizza, she was right...sort of. Anyway, I had a stone the size of an olive, it rolled around and blocked some duct and that's what causes the pain & discomfort. They punched 4 holes in my gut, 3 for lights & tools and one in my belly button to pull the offending organ out through. Neat scars but not too sexy. I was out on the river one day and some lady asked me if I had my gall bladder out. She recognized the scars and shared that she had her's out the year prior. This lady was 60+. It made me feel old; I was only 35 at the time. Quick recovery with no complications. No changes in my diet post-surgery.

Good part for me was an all female surgical team and a smokin' hot surgeon (yeah, we've got a few hot docs in Air Force). I'd never been under the knife before so I didn't know what to expect. I left my boxers on. The team didn't realize it until I was under the lights and under sedation. I remember them taking them off of me but I never got them back. I'm sure they sold them. If you see some used fruit of the looms for sale on eBay...they could be mine! LOL :p

Good luck and don't sweat it too much.

My father and 70 year old grandmother both had theirs out a few years ago the laproscopic way. Dad was chopping wood the next day and my grandmother walked her regular 5 km two days later. If they can take it out lapro you're laughing.