• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone in the Tucson, AZ area that could help me out?

{tpc}

Professional Poker Tournament Loser
I found a old piece of stereo equipment, nothing fancy but I’ve been working hard to put together a old 80s hifi setup. I’ve been slowly buying working or non working pieces and fixing them up for use at home.

Anyway, guy isn’t willing to ship even if I pay for it. It’s a whopping $10 for the thing he is selling, but I have no way to get it. So thought I’d ask and see if someone could help me out. :)

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/cortaro-sony-audio-timer-pt-v5/7538219308.html

Can't promise anything, but I'll try to reach out
Thanks I appreciate it! The guy seemed easy enough to deal with, but just wants to sell “local” which I think is code for “I don’t want to go the post office” lol.

Told him I’d pay for shipping costs or whatever, didn’t seem to matter. Maybe he thought was some kind of scam.

Has anyone ever used a personal shopper type person for something like this? I know that they probably charge an hourly rate , but maybe a flat free can be negotiated.

I know $10 is a great deal, but just for my own curiosity is this particular model the exact timer you want? Does it have to be Sony to match setup? Give us some details.

I know $10 is a great deal, but just for my own curiosity is this particular model the exact timer you want? Does it have to be Sony to match setup? Give us some details.
Yes. It’s not the deal. If I saw it on eBay for 4 times that and reasonable shipping I’d buy it. It’s a match for the system. Let me see if I can find it..

F5E09468-5DC9-4AE1-AC79-50E936EFAA79.jpeg

Ignore the odd writing, this was an old brochure I found online. So I have the following Sony stuff:

PS-FL77 turntable (slightly different than pictured)
ST-V7 Tuner
TA-V7 Amp
TC-V7 cassette deck (I just repaired this but I need to get some cassettes to check)
SEH-V5 Eq (this is currently on its way to me)

If you notice in the ad, another component is the PT-V5 Timer. It’s not a show stopper, but this stuff isn’t overstocked on shelves or anything.

I’m also looking for the cdp-11s (which is near impossible because I think that it’s uk anyway and power would be different) or it’s sister the cdp-200. And the apm-500 or 700 gray cabinet speakers.

I can find the last 2, but the cd players are usually all non-functioning or really expensive, and the speakers are expensive because most of the time I see them overseas, so costly to ship…even if you get them cheap or in need of repair.

I found a old piece of stereo equipment, nothing fancy but I’ve been working hard to put together a old 80s hifi setup. I’ve been slowly buying working or non working pieces and fixing them up for use at home.

Anyway, guy isn’t willing to ship even if I pay for it. It’s a whopping $10 for the thing he is selling, but I have no way to get it. So thought I’d ask and see if someone could help me out. :)

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/cortaro-sony-audio-timer-pt-v5/7538219308.html
Are you interested in old classic albums?

Are you interested in old classic albums?
Depends. I like some late 70s early 80s stuff on up, but the real thought behind this is a just wanted a turntable so my wife could play some old vinyl she had, and some Johnny Cash stuff I had got her for her birthday. We have some second hand record stores in the area so sometimes we browse around there for interesting stuff.

I just thought the old stuff was pretty cool, so I fell into putting stuff together. Some very hard to find. The tape deck still needs some work if I want the auto reverse to work correctly. And I like to tinker with stuff haha.

Now she wants a cd player. I don’t blame her but the old period style one I want for this setup is too costly. I found a broken one, and the guy was willing to sell it cheap, but the shipping was outrageous. It’s hard to find mid eighty’s Sony cd players in the silver/gray package. They did it early and then basically switched everything to black.

What about Uber. Or doing a search for a company in the area that might offer that kind of service.

What about Uber. Or doing a search for a company in the area that might offer that kind of service.
Oh thanks for the suggestion, I finally got the timer! It’s in the pics I posted of the system thus far.

I have a pair of Klipsch SB-1 Black bookshelf speakers. They are really nothing special. Some day I’ll find a set of the sony apm-500 series to go with the system, but again finding them at a reasonable price point is hard.

They are the ones with the square cones. I’ve been told that you want ones that are made japan or Germany, as I guess there are a few variations. But I’m really trying to find ones with the gray cabinets, and it seems a lot of those are US made. Honestly I don’t care that much, as I’m as much an audiophile as I am a cigar reviewer lol, so if they work and they match the set, that works.

I’ve found some in Canada but again shipping is an issue, because of price point. People see the square cones and raise the price but they are not all worth the same. At least I’ve been told this haha.