• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone know what these cigars are worth?

In fact I've never seen cohiba release a limited edition in a paper backed box...

cohiba_seleccion_reserva.jpg

This is the collection they sell over here in Germany. for 900€!!!

6 Cohiba Robustos
6 Cohiba Coronas Especiales
6 Cohiba Medias Coronas
4 Cohiba Espléndidos
8 Cohiba Piramides

In fact I've never seen cohiba release a limited edition in a paper backed box...

cohiba_seleccion_reserva.jpg

This is the collection they sell over here in Germany. for 900€!!!

6 Cohiba Robustos
6 Cohiba Coronas Especiales
6 Cohiba Medias Coronas
4 Cohiba Espléndidos
8 Cohiba Piramides

This is a nice collection - by the way! :whistling:

So I got to opening the "Cohibas" and this is what was inside. For those that are interested or for educational purposes I guess.

Just for the record......... FAKE! :) I've actually seen these exact cigars before...

Now this is just my opinion and others smarter than myself may disagree, but I only see it 1 of 2 ways, either

1) He knew they were fakes and is just unloading them on you under the guise of a present, because lets face it, unless he's really rich or really likes you a lot he's likely to give away $500 + of cigars.

2) He was unaware that they were fakes and as you mentioned he smokes a lot of cigars has probably bought thousands of dollars worth of counterfeits, I even would doubt he's smoked a real Cuban because I would immediatly notice the difference and be suspisious.

Neither option is really that great but if #2 is correct I would tell him, otherwise he'll continue to spend thousands of dollars on conterfeits.

Now this is just my opinion and others smarter than myself may disagree, but I only see it 1 of 2 ways, either

1) He knew they were fakes and is just unloading them on you under the guise of a present, because lets face it, unless he's really rich or really likes you a lot he's likely to give away $500 + of cigars.

2) He was unaware that they were fakes and as you mentioned he smokes a lot of cigars has probably bought thousands of dollars worth of counterfeits, I even would doubt he's smoked a real Cuban because I would immediatly notice the difference and be suspisious.

Neither option is really that great but if #2 is correct I would tell him, otherwise he'll continue to spend thousands of dollars on conterfeits.

He is rich and smokes tons of these. He lives far away and I never see him. At my wedding he gave alot of cigars away and I smoked one then and I didnt feel buzzed or anything then I didnt smoke for 2 years, now the Arturo Fuente double chateau's I smoke give me a little buzz. So I was a little suspicious when I received the boxes, but to me in my limited experiance they looked genuine. Anyway I just got back from the post office and I sent Wilkey the boxes and cigars + present for doing this.

Can't wait to see this autopsy!

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought those were some damn fine smokes too. Thankfully, I've been reading more than buying. ;)

Well,

I'm afraid there is essentially a 100% certainty that these cigars are fakes. The packaging exhibit numerous obvious tell tales. And of course, barberpole Cohibas are about as genuine as jackalopes.

I'mSmokingAgain was a good enough sport to send some my way and I'll be very interested to take these apart.

Since these are truly flagrant and egregious fakes I don't hold much hope for their smoking very well, however I could be wrong.

ISA, approaching your uncle about these as counterfeits is a touchy proposition. You know him best so be the judge. There are a few threads about how to break the news and I'd suggest reading up on them. Since he's family, I'd say handling it with more delicacy would be best.

Wilkey

He is rich and smokes tons of these. He lives far away and I never see him. At my wedding he gave alot of cigars away and I smoked one then and I didnt feel buzzed or anything then I didnt smoke for 2 years, now the Arturo Fuente double chateau's I smoke give me a little buzz. So I was a little suspicious when I received the boxes, but to me in my limited experiance they looked genuine. Anyway I just got back from the post office and I sent Wilkey the boxes and cigars + present for doing this.

I'd tell him that the cigars are fakes. He's wasting his money, and he's also funding the douchebags who make these fakes.

barberpole Cohibas are about as genuine as jackalopes.
That is hilarious, I did not know that though. my thinking was that the barbershop looking Cohiba and the salomon shaped Partagas had to be real because it would be to hard to roll for a bootlegger, boy was I wrong.

Edit-my quote buttons broke

That is hilarious, I did not know that though. my thinking was that the barbershop looking Cohiba and the salomon shaped Partagas had to be real because it would be to hard to roll for a bootlegger, boy was I wrong.

Well, there are Partagas Salamones, but they don't come packaged the way your uncle obtained them.

I find the situation amusing, because I know a few "cigar snobs" like your uncle, who refuse to smoke anything other than Cuban cigars... but they are smoking cheap fakes. It's funny what the power of suggestion will do for you.

I ended up telling these folks that they were smoking fakes, and though taken aback a bit at first, they were grateful to be informed so that they will no longer be ripped off.

Even funnier is he told me he owns some of Fidel Castros personal cigars, I also know another guy who makes the same claim. Maybe bootleggers are telling them this?

ISA,

Forgive me but your stories about your poor old uncle are sort of amusing in a sad and silly sort of way. I hope that at some point in the future you'll be able to show him the light. But then again, maybe that opportunity will never come. In any case, please keep the stories and anecdotes coming!

Wilkey

Does your rich uncle own a computer?
Have him register here if he does and maybe he will listen to us and get some knowledge in all the great threads on the subject.Point out this thread maybe.

I'd tell him as well,no need spending that kind of money and looking bad handing them off as real to people.

Good luck................can't wait to see what one looks like cut open.

Also something about the smell is making me feel nauseous, they smell like poop.

This is not a good sign.

A lot of work went into those fakes.

That's not necessarily a bad thing... Many of the farm rolled ISOM's I've seen smell like a barn - and smoke very well!! Cheap, but good!

Funny you say that. The other day I pulled out a Taboado and asked my nephew to smell it - he said it smelt like horse shit ??? . I looked at him with disgust and smelled it, yep, it smelt like horse shit :laugh: The Taboado's are in a real sick stage right now, they did not smell when I first got them.

Brian