• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone know what these cigars are worth?

I find the situation amusing, because I know a few "cigar snobs" like your uncle, who refuse to smoke anything other than Cuban cigars... but they are smoking cheap fakes. It's funny what the power of suggestion will do for you.

I ended up telling these folks that they were smoking fakes, and though taken aback a bit at first, they were grateful to be informed so that they will no longer be ripped off.

I had a similar situation recently when I herfed with a bunch of guys that thought they were smoking Cohibas but they were actually fake. I didn't say anything at the time because one guy at the party was mr. "oh these are real Cohibas, no doubting that!" The next day, I politely informed the guy that purchased the cigars that he had bought fakes and I gave him links to prove how he could tell they were fakes. He appreciated that I had let him know and he wants to be more careful in the future.

Howdy everyone,

I received the Partagas Salomons and Cohiba 35 Aniversario boxes as well as specimens from each in addition to one of the "barberpoles." Fascinating stuff! I've only had a chance to quickly go over these specimens but I can say unequivocally that they are bogus. They are wrong in so many ways that one who is familiar with genuine Habanos could never mistake these for real. The cigars are hard as sticks and definitely do not smell right. They do not smell Cuban. Whereas even Vitasea's farm rolls smelled good, these exhibit the same bitter leathery smell that xprinter's cigars emitted.

A full analyis with photographs will follow in the near future.

Many thanks for ImSmokingAgain for sharing these interesting specimens with me and the CigarPass community. You've done a service to our efforts to understand counterfeit Habanos and to protect ourselves from them.

Wilkey

I am on the edge of my seat ;)

Love the posts when you tear ish apart :)

Many thanks for ImSmokingAgain for sharing these interesting specimens with me and the CigarPass community. You've done a service to our efforts to understand counterfeit Habanos and to protect ourselves from them.

Wilkey

Wilkey, the stogie sleuth! :laugh:

He Wil turn the key and expose the truth.
Now we wait :whistling:

Brian

I for one cannot wait. I hope I get enough info to approach my Uncle. Wilkey how close is the Partagas box to a real box of Partagas? The Cohiba box I can see is all wrong by surfing the web it looks nothing like a real Cohiba Box, but the Partagas box looks like ones I see for sale. It is very confusing for a newbie it makes me scared to even get into C.C.

ISA,

Would you believe I have no Partagas dressed boxes? All of my Partagas are in cabs, slide lid boxes, or SBN wood packaging. :p

I will look into it for sure.

Wilkey

BTW, thank you for the very nice extras. You did not have to send me anything on top of these interesting specimens but they are much appreciated. :thumbs:

I for one cannot wait. I hope I get enough info to approach my Uncle. Wilkey how close is the Partagas box to a real box of Partagas? The Cohiba box I can see is all wrong by surfing the web it looks nothing like a real Cohiba Box, but the Partagas box looks like ones I see for sale. It is very confusing for a newbie it makes me scared to even get into C.C.

You have enough info already... Cuba has never made a Cohiba that is a barber pole cigar. Cuban Partagas Salmones have never come in dress boxes like that. Tell him to grab a copy of Min Ron Nee or Perlman's Encyclopedia of Cuban cigars or have him look online.

Your uncle has been smoking fakes for so long, and being milked by scammers for so long that he's going to have one heck of a reality check to face up to... but in the end, he should be glad you've gotten him the information he needs.

You have enough info already... Cohiba has never made a barber pole cigar. Partagas Salmones have never come in dress boxes like that. Tell him to grab a copy of Min Ron Nee or Perlman's Encyclopedia of Cuban cigars or have him look online.
Buy him a copy of Min Ron Nee or Perlman's Encyclopedia of Cuban cigars as an appreciation gift.

Your uncle has been smoking fakes for so long, and being milked by scammers for so long that he's going to have one heck of a reality check to face up to... but in the end, he should be glad you've gotten him the information he needs.

Maybe he is the fake supplier :laugh:

Brian

As Moki stated, these guys have given a bunch of insight as to why these are fake. But I thought I might as well sum some of it up and add my $.02.

On the Partagas box, there are three stickers that I have only seen appear on fakes; the rainbow colored one on the left, the serial number hologram on the right, and that is the first time I have seen the "Flor de Tobaccos" sticker in the middle (however, I do not own any Party dress boxes).

On the authentic cuban seal, I haven't seen that type font used before. The best way to tell would be to hold it under a black light.

I have yet to see a factory code on the back of the box use periods. All of the ones I have seen are just the three letters and the date. Here is an example of a RASCC box. Note the stamp; it is extremely similar to what I have seen elsewhere.

rascc-2.jpg

Not to mention that what Brandon said previously, the Salamones were not released in 2006.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Now Wilkey, get to disecting already. :p

Good points, Cory especially regarding the fonts.

The Flor de Tobacos sticker is there in legitimate boxes.

The seals are very poorly done. The microprinting is completely obliterated and the paper glows.

My work is just piling up but I am getting ready to do something.

Wilkey

The seals are very poorly done. The microprinting is completely obliterated and the paper glows.

Wilkey
LOL!!! I was just thinking the same thing after reading this, looking at the Cohiba inserts again, and then the PM I sent you. Just give me a little feedback on the PM and I can find another victim. ;)

Now don't forget about your homework. :whistling:

Wilkey
LOL!!! I was just thinking the same thing after reading this, looking at the Cohiba inserts again, and then the PM I sent you. Just give me a little feedback on the PM and I can find another victim. ;)

Now don't forget about your homework. :whistling:

Oops! Sorry. Forgot about that. I'll have something to you tonight.

Wilkey

Not yet. actually I am going to buy the Havana encyclopedia for him and let him figure it out on his own. It's a kill two birds with one stone as it also makes a nice thank you gift.

Looks like the "Cohibas" have a Comintur stamp on them...