• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone play rugby?

CalixEros

Big Building Builder
I'm watching a show on wheelchair rugby on A&E and it's pretty interesting. They pretty much have armored wheelchairs. From what I gather, you have to dribble the ball like Aussie rules. You can forward pass and block like football. Tries are worth one point like in ultimate frisbee (I'm guessing here, I've never played ultimate frisbee). Throw ins are like soccer. The US has dominated the sport for years like in basketball. There are no rucks, scrums, or mauls that I saw. It's played on a basketball court. I actually don't see anything that looks like rugby, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I did like what one guy said in the beginning. He said he goes out at night and people come up to him, shake his hand, and say it's good to see him out. He said, "Where am I supposed to be, at home in a closet?"

I believe this is what the movie murderball was about, it looks pretty damm tough from what i saw.

"CREAM THE GUY WITH THE BALL" game??? Nope - not that crazy!!! :D

I actually met Zupan (goatee guy) at a screening of Murderball. Really funny and genuine guy, also an Austinite.

Missouri southern state college --- 15 yrs ago

Just a club then no real college association--too dangerous for liability

Several scrums, several parties aftrer the games,

much older, wiser and softer now.

Have played rugby almost as long as I have boxed and lifted weights, 20 years. Still play and still box and bodybuild. I saw that show and it was pretty damn good. To bring in another thread here, Zupan had some ink done by the boys here at Miami Ink. Awesome guy.

I prefer to give blood at the Red Cross.

Doc.

I've been hoping to see Murderball. Heard good things. I was a Hooker for a couple years playing overseas. Spent some time as Loose Head Prop too. Unfortunately, when I started flying my schedule would no longer allow me to play. I tried for a while but made 1 game in a year and was gone for all the rest, so I gave up since I wasn't doing the club any good. I'm hoping I can get back into it here in the states.

-K-

Back in my coleege days, I occasionally enjoyed supporting hookers. I played a lot of flanker and some second row. It seems everybody's positions changed almost every game as people got hurt or couldn't play for other reasons.