• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone tasted Padilla Miami new blend?

g-smoke

Silent but deadly
Did a quick search on this, but didn't come across a specific mention, so please excuse me if I am rehashing an old question.

I'm down to the last 3 of a 10-pack of Padilla Miami lanceros I bought a couple months back and wondering if anyone has tasted the new blend, in any of the vitolas. If so, how do they compare?

I swear, I could just sit and smell these cigars -- not even light them -- and be a happy man.

thanks

I had a fresh Miami Churchill at the local B&M and really liked it. It was different than the original blend, at least to my palate, and didn't have as much pepper/spice as the original. It had more of a dark chocolate/coffee taste to it and was well balanced. Padilla has lowered the price as well!

Thanks for the reply.

Funnily enough, I broke down and picked up a 5-er of robustos and am smoking one of them right now. I agree with your assessment -- a lot less spice and more of a chocolatey, earthy flavor. Full flavored, but not over-powering. I'm close to nubbing it.

The stick's aroma seemed similar before lighting, which makes me think the wrapper may be the same, but there is definitely something different in the blend.

Overall I do like it. Now I'll have to try some lanceros and see if they will remain in the canon of holy smokes for me. These robustos seem pretty good though.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up of what I saw at the show.
Palio's new cigar "Essencia" is a big winner, tastes like an Illusione except a little richer. His limited production is not hype, this is an excellent cigar.
Padilla and Pepin splitting may have been the best thing for Ernesto. The new Miami is awesome, it tastes like it did on the very first batch. Dark, dark gray ash, great taste and burn and he dropped the price 25%.
Devil's Weed and Pinar Del Rio are both winner's.

Pete (Tatuaje) and I were able to work through all of our troubles and get everything straight. We had a great conversation and both admitted we were a little hard headed. Both of us agreed that now is not the time for dissension in out troubled industry and that it's a time for us younger guys in the industry to come together. We also talked about doing an Ultra small batch cigar to show our unity. Maybe a 100 cigar production with a contest attached to get them out to you guys. I'll keep you posted on that one.

All in all, it was a great show, got to hang out with Rod, Stinki Monki, Alex, Scott (Lkyman) and a bunch of other guys which was a great time. It was nice putting faces to the names. Thanks for the cigars and the great time guys.

Al

From the lobby in July. I can't wait to taste the new blend, but luckily I've still got most of a box of the old torpedos left.

When I spoke early this spring with the people at Padilla they told me the blend would remain the same post Peppin.

Found it hard to believe then, and am not at all suprised now.

I stopped at my local B&M today after work, and I was going to try one. I decided on a Alec Bradley Tempest Churchill, which I'm really enjoying atm.

I had one a couple days ago. Really nice cigar, but a totally different animal than the old pepin made smokes. honestly, i like it more.It is much more robust and flavorful.