• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone tried the foam ciar trays in

hydro-terp

Im looking at the demensions given on Heartfelts web page and it says 9x7. My c. caddy is roughly 7x4.

The crappy foam layers that came with it dont really cut it.

I tried making my own out of chair seat foam but that didnt turn out as good as I would have liked.

Russell

What is your question? I have a 15 count caddy and the trays work fine. I can't get 15 cigars in there, but it fits the purpose. I took this on my cruise and all were fine.

I was basically wondering if the trays that Viper sells need to be trimmed to fit the 15 count cigar caddy. They appear, from the demensions given, to be made for the bigger cigar caddy.

If they need to be trimmed how many does it hold then.

Russell

bfreebern said:
What is your question? I have a 15 count caddy and the trays work fine. I can't get 15 cigars in there, but it fits the purpose. I took this on my cruise and all were fine.
[snapback]199492[/snapback]​
i can get 15 in mine. you just have to force it. it won't hurt them. it only squishes the foam, not the cigars. it does feel like you might hurt them, though.

I don't think you would be happy with the final product if you cut the trays I sell. If you would like, PM me your addy and I will send you one. If it works you can pay me for it then, if not it was a good try.

David

most of the people we sell them to just pile the cigars in and use the foam on top to keep the cigars from rolling around and bumping the sides, it carries more that way, but you might be able to get the foam from a box of helix tubes. ask at your local shop theyll prolly give it to ya. then you can cut to your hearts content.
thats if they carry helix tube cigars.theyre the only ones ive seen that actually puts foam in the box all formed to fit the tubes.

Thanks for the offer David. I think Shermen sells ones that fit but they're more money (3 for 21) and are only 4 across which would make my 15 ct box only hold 12.

I might try OutlawD's idea.

Russell