• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone try the Bolivar 05's?

Shibumi

Looking for Effortless Perfection
I saw these nice looking cigars yesterday and for $6 I had to get one. Can anyone tell me if they are good? I couldn't find anything about them here. The store I got it in was overhumidified, so I have to let it sit for a long time.

I also saw these flat 'Java' cigars (Wafe?). I didn't buy one, but I want to know if anyone tried these either. They where strange looking smokes.

The new Bolivar is a good smoke for the the money. A little spice with a lot of rich smoke. Call it medium bodied. Well constructed with a nice burn.
I've had about 6 of these and only had issues with one that was plugged.

The Java Wafe is a mocha infused cigar with a sweet tip. Flavored is not for me but if they left off the sweet tip id probably smoke it once in a while, just dont like that sugary taste,yuck :0

I Surly not call it Medium, was a BIT HEARTY to me, But did taste good, I got a FREE one from Cigar Magazine, there is a Freebie offer inside.. Reminded me of the Cuban Bolivar I had about 10 years ago, Just too much for me I guess..

I smoked one and loved it. But then again, I like Bolivar non-isom and isom tho. My only problem I had was that it didnt burn right but I was smoking it outside in the wind while grilling. I would definitely get another one.

i also got one free with a coupon from Cig. Aff.

it was nice and oily, and it tasted really good.

but..

as i am new, this seemed more torwards powerful than medium.

in fact, it was my first smoke that made me a bit dizzy & i ate some sugar cubes because i got a bit too much nicotine from it.

i might get another one, but not until i am able to handle 'bigger' smokes..

I too sampled them a month or two ago. I thought the cigar was a bit one dimensional. It was a good flavor. It just didn't seem to evolve too much throughout the smoke. I guess I was expecting/looking for more. A nice smoke but I haven't raced out to find more. I thought the price was a bit much for a smoke like this. I am in MN though so our prices are all jacked up! It was powerful, which I like. I'm not one to ever get nicotine sickness so I don't know about that but it was strong. A good smoke that I'll probably try again after letting it age a few months.

They are okay I suppose. I'm not too wild about 'em.

This is the first NC Bolivar that I have enjoyed in quite some time.

The are quite rich in flavor with a voluminous smoke.

I'm gonna have one in about a half hour. CI has a tasting in the shop. :thumbs:

I was gifted one by the lady at my local shop so I would give her my opinion.

After about an inch it hit the bushes!

I thought it was quite good, rich flavor, medium body. The burn was even and the draw was good, although others in my group thought that it was too tight. Not amazing, but a good solid smoke which I will probobly enjoy again. CI tends to keep everything kinda wet, so it probobly would be even better with a week or two to dry out a bit. I'd give it an 85-87. :thumbs:

Sounds like yet another one dimensional honduran cigar from Villazon. For the golf course the JR Ults and ERDM's are fine especially for the money, but for an after dinner cigar when looking for some real complexity, they just don't cut it.

I smoked one of these not too long before I left for Reno...it had HORRIBLE burn problems..and was on the whole a horrbily average cigar..I will never buys one..but will smoke one if one is handed to me..

I got a couple of these free from a Bolivar event at one of my local shops. They tasted really salty to me. Very one-dimensional, reasonably strong, some burn issues, but, again, very salty.

I just had one of these on Saturday. The Leesgurg shop where I met up with Big100HD prior to hitting the DC herf was having a "Bolivar Day." As one of the first 75 in the door, I got one free. It was an "okay" smoke, but I wouldn't buy a fiver -- probably not even a single. It wasn't bad, just not my cup o tea.

kevpriest said:
I got a couple of these free from a Bolivar event at one of my local shops. They tasted really salty to me. Very one-dimensional, reasonably strong, some burn issues, but, again, very salty.
[snapback]252919[/snapback]​

By any chance did the shop offer chips-n- salsa & cheese-n-crackers?

Did they also give out hats or shirts? Shot glasses? :thumbs:

Just wondering what other retailers do with the stuff Genral Cigar sends out to retailers for free :thumbs:

Im not sayin the chips would make them taste salty it just made me wonder about the packs they sent out.

OutlawD said:
By any chance did the shop offer chips-n- salsa & cheese-n-crackers?

Did they also give out hats or shirts? Shot glasses? :thumbs:

Just wondering what other retailers do with the stuff Genral Cigar sends out to retailers for free :thumbs:

Im not sayin the chips would make them taste salty it just made me wonder about the packs they sent out.

Cigars International had chips/salsa/cheese/crackers and gave away Bolivar labelled cutters.