• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone use a Keurig?

bfisher88

Livin' The Dream
My gf just bought me this coffee maker that I have been wanting for some time now. So far I am loving it. Place the small cup of coffee in and it brews a single cup in about a minute. Anyone else have some good experiences with these?

I've had a Keurig for 2 years now and it is simply amazing!

It is so convenient, but once you see all of the possibilities and flavors of of the various coffees available, you are going to have to set aside a small Keurig budget in addition to the cigar budget! I have found some great coffees by ordering different samplers from some different web sites.

You may want to check out shoffee dot com, and start slowly!

If you like super strong coffee, you may want to try the Green Mountain Double Black Diamond. I start my morning with a cup of that every morning!

Brother, I picked up one of these not too long ago and love it. Those little K cups are like krack. Lots of good coffees to choose from too. I like the Tully's kona blend and the Timothy's Italian. Obviously nowhere near as good as the French press but a fine cup of coffee in short order.

OH my God! I've had a Keurig for 2 years now and it is simply amazing!

It is so convenient, but once you see all of the possibilities and flavors of of the various coffees available, you are going to have to set aside a small Keurig budget in addition to the cigar budget! I have found some great coffees by ordering different samplers from some different web sites.

You may want to check out shoffee dot com, and start slowly!

If you like super strong coffee, you may want to try the Green Mountain Double Black Diamond. I start my morning with a cup of that every morning!
Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the recommendation! What temperature is best for brewing??

Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the recommendation! What temperature is best for brewing??

To be honest, I'm not sure the exact temp, but I have it on the hottest it will go. My gf needs it to be molten hot in order to drink it!

Yanksfan, try the double black!

Brew coffee between 195 and 205. If you can actually tell the water's temperature.
I have a hot water pot at the office that you can actually set the temperature. Has nice big LED numbers.
It goes up to 208. Just play around and see which end of the spectrum to enjoy most.

Mine 'left the building' about a couple of weeks ago.

I like the 'Newman' coffees but she also picked up the 'refillable pod'. We would grind our own and it would be very good.

The newest model includes 4 settings. (Increasing the 'largest' cup size).

Very nice for on the fly stuff...and really good if you only make a couple cups in the morning - and grind your own coffee!

They are great for a good quick cup, but I'm not a huge fan of being limited to whatever pods they make available and the cost for coffee is a little more than buying it myself. I'm not a huge coffee snob or anything, but I do prefer to grind my own beans. However, you can't beat the convenience factor of these.

We have the Starbucks Interactive Cup brewer. Now this is the best of both worlds (assuming you don't use their beans). :laugh:

Yeah I'm not a huge coffee nut I just like to have a decent cup for when I wake up in the morning. I live by myself so making a pot would be a complete waste. So far I am very pleased with the Keurig!

Presses work great for smaller cups also. The great thing about coffee is that the least expensive devices generally work the best (except for when making espresso). But yeah, I'm no snob and I drank those pods for months here at work until we got the starbucks thing in.

I work for a company that sells the commercial grade Keurigs for businesses and people love 'em! The coffee is more expensive per cup but far less waste than brewing an entire pot. Choosing your strength is a great feature for those of us that love coffee so strong you can slice it up and serve it with a fork ;)

I got a decent coffee maker a few years ago for christmas and I find I barely use it because I only drink a cup or two at a time and my wife doesn't drink any coffees. I was looking into other single-cup brewers before, but they were almost prohibitively expensive and they only used proprietary coffee pods. The k-cup is a brilliant idea... I want to get a Keurig sometime soon.

I got a decent coffee maker a few years ago for christmas and I find I barely use it because I only drink a cup or two at a time and my wife doesn't drink any coffees. I was looking into other single-cup brewers before, but they were almost prohibitively expensive and they only used proprietary coffee pods. The k-cup is a brilliant idea... I want to get a Keurig sometime soon.

I thought the k-cup was proprietary. Do other coffee makers use it as well?

I thought the k-cup was proprietary. Do other coffee makers use it as well?

My apologies... terminoligy issue on my part. There's something you can buy called a "My K-Cup" which is basically a reusable k-cup with a filter that you can load with any coffee you want.

My apologies... terminoligy issue on my part. There's something you can buy called a "My K-Cup" which is basically a reusable k-cup with a filter that you can load with any coffee you want.

Ohh... That's pretty cool then. Sure would cut down on the cost of those pods. Here's a link if anyone is interested: my k-cup

Personally, I've been very happy using these, but my brother uses a Keurig. I bet he'd be interested in the my k-cup thing.

My gf just bought me this coffee maker that I have been wanting for some time now. So far I am loving it. Place the small cup of coffee in and it brews a single cup in about a minute. Anyone else have some good experiences with these?

You only brew one cup of coffee? Come on...step it up bro! :p

Ohh... That's pretty cool then. Sure would cut down on the cost of those pods. Here's a link if anyone is interested: my k-cup

Personally, I've been very happy using these, but my brother uses a Keurig. I bet he'd be interested in the my k-cup thing.

Sorry for not posting a link to them before.. my work laptop is rocking a browser like it's 1999 and not all of the technological advances of 5 years ago work, and I'm not about to try and update it while I'm out in the field :)

Matt (MP928), that was very thoughtful of you. Thanks for the great package. Can't wait to start trying out some new blends! Above and beyond my friend thank you so much.

BUT, I got word of you doing something earlier this week. Watch your mailbox today and tomorrow from a couple of us. :whistling: :whistling:

We got the duluxe last month as a house warming gift and love it!! I am not a coffee drinker but love iced tea. The Earl Grey tea is fantastic. As well as just putting 2 lipton tea bags in recepticle and a tall glass filled with ice. (You have to remove the bottom spill container.) My wife claims it is the best cup of coffee she has ever had.