• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone watch Extreme Home Makeover?

DemonR6

BBQn, Smokin & Ridin
Anyone watch this show? I watched it once with my fiancee and I was hooked. It's really touching how they do all this for the families that need it the most. There is an episode on right now and they are rebuilding the house to make it easier for an amputee to get around. The man is a soldier that lost his leg, finger, and hearing in one ear in Iraq (I think thats where), and he is so determined not to let it bring him down. He has to use crutches still though because his prosthetic leg hurts too much to wear. So they always send the family away on vacation, and they sent this family to a place in Ohio that specializes in training amputees. The man has a goal to run a mile, and he is there training to help him get his goal while his family is hanging out at the pool at their hotel. If you haven't seen this show check it out, it is on ABC.

I've watched a few of them. I wonder sometimes what it takes to produce a show like that, the sheer logisics involved. Something goes wrong about twice an hour. I liked the first season where they had a budget. Now, it seems the sky is the limit.

I also wondered, what does a family nearly destitute do with the tax bill once this wonderful house has been turned over to them. I'd love to see a follow up, one year later.

Well tonight the final surprise was they paid off the entire mortgage for them, so I don't think the taxes will be a big issue.

I've watched a few of them. I wonder sometimes what it takes to produce a show like that, the sheer logisics involved. Something goes wrong about twice an hour. I liked the first season where they had a budget. Now, it seems the sky is the limit.

I also wondered, what does a family nearly destitute do with the tax bill once this wonderful house has been turned over to them. I'd love to see a follow up, one year later.

They did one of those near Wichita last year. I'll see if I can find out how they are doing now. (after I get back to town, I love my job, I love my job)

Yeah, I used to watch one here and then, and there are some pretty good ones. But some of the "characters" on the show get under my skin. The main guy to be exact.

I love the idea behind the show and what they do to help, there's just other portions that make it "cheesy".

My wife (man, stil weird saying that) LOVES this show, and cries almost every time she watches it.
I like what they do, but find the show very irritating. Msotly because of the silly scripted parts. When it's just about the designing and actual building and what they are doing for these families in need, it is really fun to watch.

Yeh I think it is pretty cool! The concept behind it is great! Some of the characters are kind of cheezy :D

I liked Makeover quite a bit when it was first on. Kinda like I use to watch Trading Spaces when it first came on (that Genevieve has some great tit...I mean ideas).

Now they have turned up the cheese factor to 10, it is not bareable anymore. And Ty Pennington needs to give it a rest. He is going to get smacked upside the head by some burly construction worker next time he shoves that freakin' megaphone in his ear!

My mother and I watch it regularly (or she does when I'm on the road). I like the show and what they do for the families. Mostly I like the ideas and seeing how they bring it to life (like the Suess room and the huge aquarium in the recent episode). The DVD (and a couple of aired specials) have "revisits" btwn 4-12 months after a family's house was renovated. They still have a budget like the first season, it's just gotten incredibly larger because of popularity and sponsors. They had a show earlier in the season where they raised money with a benefit concert by Bob Marley's son.

One of the only TV shows I've watched in the last 10 years.

My fiance and I have watched that show, but have trailed off doing so lately. Most of the time the mortgage is paid off at the end of the show, and the generosity of all people involved is outstanding.

Consider it one of my "guilty pleasures" along with Desperate Housewives! :blush:

Darren

Love this show. Its unbelievable what they do in a week. Builders in my area take a minimum of 5 months to complete a home... and thats with a prepped lot.