• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anything similar to Opus no. 5?

dk_ace

My uncle is a big fan of the Opus no. 5's that we got him a couple months ago when they were at the local B&M. He particularly liked the strength and size of the stick, and I'm sure that the flavor profile is a factor as well. He has been a heavy cigarette smoker for 30 or so years, so he isn't afraid of some nicotine. He is only an occasional cigar smoker, so I was looking for something to bring him to smoke when I visit. I can't get anymore Opus no. 5's (or afford them for that matter really), so I was wondering if you guys know of some fairly affordable sticks (lets say in the $5 range) that are similar that I can pick up at a B&M. I know this is a tall order, but I don't typically smoke small cigars so I don't really know what is available.

Thanks,
D

Tatuaje Noella is close in size (I think. It has been a while since I've seen a #5) and in potency.

Though they are closer to $8/stick...

Litto Gomez Diez. If he's not an experienced cigar smoker, he won't be able to tell the difference

Doc.

Quick answer: No.

I'd suggest Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles. Same size as the #5 and a damn fine cigar.

Nothing. If he likes opus im afraid thats about it. Something less money is non existant and for the same of more money you may be able to dig something up but that taste is pretty unique. JMHO Another opus maybe but it sounds like hes really into the size. Its odd though because many are the same taste profile.

A La Flor de Cano, buy on Cigar Bid, for about 40 a box of 25, the smaller size is the best. It is the most flavorful cigar I have ever smoked. :cool:

Might try Tres Mystique also. Good VSG in a small package.

LFD Chiselito, nats or maddies. About $80 - $100, depending on where you look. :thumbs:

LFD Chiselito, nats or maddies. About $80 - $100, depending on where you look. :thumbs:

I second this one. I also agree that the Litto Gomez is also a comparable stick in size(can't remember which one) and strength. Neither have the same flavor, but both are great in their own right.

I can see where you would put in a Tres Mystique or maybe the lfd as for the rest? One says its less than 2 dollars a smoke? No way im buying that. And the other "if your new too cigars than you wont tell the differance"? Sorry man and no disrespect but it takes ALOT to be anywhere near an Opus of any size/age/ you name it.

Thanks for the help guys! I picked up a Lito Gomez Diez and a DPG Black for him in sizes similar to the no. 5 today. I forgot to go back and get him a Chiselito, but I'll probably come across some more of those before I see him next. I'm just hoping to find something he likes that comes out more than a couple of times a year.

D

Litto Gomez Diez. If he's not an experienced cigar smoker, he won't be able to tell the difference

Doc.
X2. I'm not an experienced cigar smoker and I found the tastes similar (personally I like the Lito Gomez more).