• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are there any American cigars?

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
Just curious. I know some are rolled here, and of course there is the CT shade wrapper.. But are there any American puros?

El Original are rolled in Key Largo
Conch Republic Cigars are rolled in Key West
Moore and Boode in Miami
LGC and El Credito have some rolled in Miami
El Titan de Bronze in Miami

None are puro's though.

Emo

Tony Bones said:
Shadow said:
Topper cigars. Made in Conn. Try the Oscuros, very tasty. :thumbs:

Topper Cigars
OK, that name is just funny as heck.
HEY, don't you go laughing at a Connecticut institution :p

I don't think they are actually made in Connecticut, the company is based in Meriden, CT but I think their stateside manufacturing is done in Maryland.

I can remember hearing about Toppers and seeing them in the stores around here when I was a kid.

Here's another Connecticut company F.D. Grave & Son that makes cigars that a lot of the old timers around here smoke. ;)

AVB said:
How'd you find these - were you still in the Corps? I noticed the byline of (...after dealing with convicts all day long...) and that reminded me of every time I have to go to the Marine Camp....

<grin>

They all look interesting - Maybe i'll drive through Penn when I come to the states this summer.

Has anyone ever had a cigar from F.D. Grave & Son?
I wonder what they are like?

Bill

wam79 said:
Has anyone ever had a cigar from F.D. Grave & Son?
I wonder what they are like?

Bill
Well....... The Munniemaker & Judges Cave are machine made and kind of harsh. I used to smoke them quite a bit in college. As I mentioned before, they are kind of an "old-timer's cigar" and ya gotta get used to them.

The F.D. Graves Imports (CTBL wrapper made in Honduras) are more up the alley of typical cigar smokers who buy DR, Honduran and NIcaraguan cigars in cigar shops. They're pretty good :thumbs: