• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you interested in a CigarPass App?

Would you help donate to pay for the app?

• Yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
I'm with the others. I like the idea of push notifications, but email notifications are just about the same resource. However, what would really make an app useful is being able to select a photo right from my phone rather than have to save it to a third party site or album here, as the rest have said.

I'm with the others. I like the idea of push notifications, but email notifications are just about the same resource. However, what would really make an app useful is being able to select a photo right from my phone rather than have to save it to a third party site or album here, as the rest have said.
This would be great!

I agree with what has already been said. The new format is great. Having the ability to add photos straight from my device would be #1 for me...and I would be more than happy to donate funds to assist with that project.

Click on upload a file, and that will enable you to do what you're requesting.

Click on upload a file, and that will enable you to do what you're requesting.

I'm sorry this is so confusing. I'm not sure why it's not clear.

Which icon is "upload a file"....??

When I click on the 'Image' icon, I'm prompted for a URL.
When I click on the 'Media' icon, I'm prompted for a URL.
When I click on the 'Media Gallery Imbed' icon, I'm given a choice if including a picture that I've already uploaded to the CP Media Gallery.

The bottom line is that in order to post a photo in a post in Cigar Pass, I have to first upload a photo to a site that will host it. Photobucket, Imgur, the CP Media Gallery....somewhere. Once that's done, I can get a URL to the image, then insert that URL into my post, and I have a photo.

On FB I hit the 'insert photo' button, I'm given a browse window so I can point it to a photo on my hard drive. It's simultaneously inserted into my post and uploaded to my photo gallery. One step. One button. Done. From my desktop, my phone, doesn't mattter. One button and done.

In the grand scheme of things, this isn't a big deal....but it's an annoyance that honestly keeps me from posting pictures here as often as I'd like. It's extra, unnecessary steps. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the forum software upgrade, but this is pretty simple, basic functionality.

With forum software as sophisticated and smooth as this is, I cannot believe this functionality isn't possible. If it's absolutely, completely impossible to implement, I suppose we can live with it.

I agree.
Tapatalk had the "one button" post option and it was the oly reason I used that app. With that gone and no option here other than a host site is a downer.

Paul

I'm sorry this is so confusing. I'm not sure why it's not clear.

Which icon is "upload a file"....??

When I click on the 'Image' icon, I'm prompted for a URL.
When I click on the 'Media' icon, I'm prompted for a URL.
When I click on the 'Media Gallery Imbed' icon, I'm given a choice if including a picture that I've already uploaded to the CP Media Gallery.

The bottom line is that in order to post a photo in a post in Cigar Pass, I have to first upload a photo to a site that will host it. Photobucket, Imgur, the CP Media Gallery....somewhere. Once that's done, I can get a URL to the image, then insert that URL into my post, and I have a photo.

On FB I hit the 'insert photo' button, I'm given a browse window so I can point it to a photo on my hard drive. It's simultaneously inserted into my post and uploaded to my photo gallery. One step. One button. Done. From my desktop, my phone, doesn't mattter. One button and done.

In the grand scheme of things, this isn't a big deal....but it's an annoyance that honestly keeps me from posting pictures here as often as I'd like. It's extra, unnecessary steps. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the forum software upgrade, but this is pretty simple, basic functionality.

With forum software as sophisticated and smooth as this is, I cannot believe this functionality isn't possible. If it's absolutely, completely impossible to implement, I suppose we can live with it.

Ok, now I think I know why it's so confusing for both of us... If you do not see "Upload a File" next to the "Post Reply" button, then that means the member's group does not have access. I will log into the control panel and modify the permissions.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

TTYTT, I prefer thumbnails so my screen isn't blowing up with some of the over-sized images.