• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aristocrat Humidor

Zippo

Once again, I am out of space; my initial upgrade was to a 1200 capacity, it is now full. I am looking at an Aristocrat M+ THC. Need some advice as to whether or not the Temp Control is worth the extra cost. For many years my humidors have been in a 68 - 74 degree enviornment, with no problems (guess I answered my own question). For any of you with Temp Control, would appreciate your thoughts/recommendations. Thanks

I've got a THC cabinet, because our previous house had no air conditioning. We're now staying at a home with AC and I haven't heard the pelts run once.

My guess is that if your home has AC and the temps are pretty stable, the THC option isn't required.

To me it was well worth it, Kind of one of those things if you didn't have it you would wish you did have someday....

Our house here in NY does not have AC, just a couple of wall units.

The pelts on my M+ THC have been running like crazy this summer.

Well worth the added cost :thumbs:.

I'm with these guys. I like to keep my cigars between 60 and 70 degrees but my house AC is at 74. The fans fill the gap nicely.

Guess I'll just be jealous, I'd cool the darn thing with ice and hand fans if I could afford the unit. :laugh:

Guess I'll just be jealous, I'd cool the darn thing with ice and hand fans if I could afford the unit. :laugh:
I'm jealous, too, but I know they are worth it. You don't need an Aristocrat to get the same cooling, though. You can modify a coolerdor or simply buy a wine cooler and set it up for storage with some wood.

It does make a difference in the quality of your cigars.

I've got a THC cabinet, because our previous house had no air conditioning. We're now staying at a home with AC and I haven't heard the pelts run once.

My guess is that if your home has AC and the temps are pretty stable, the THC option isn't required.
You guys are right. If I had it to do over again, I'd get THC in a heartbeat. I was impressed how my cabinet is performing in an AC environment, but I have heard them run a couple of times.

In light of all the comments and a bit of reflection, I'd like to recant that last statement.....:p

BBS, first you hit us with morse code, then you come back with ped????, and not you do a recant. Well brother, I can't if you recant x2. There. :p

I say if you can afford it then yes. I regret not adding it as an option when I ordered mine from Bob. In the springtime, I love to have all of my windows open in my condo as I hate a/c. Being in the Philly area means that the temp can rise pretty quickly. The next one I order from Bob will be optioned with the temp control. Good luck with your purchase as no matter what you choose, you'll be happy.

A picture of a nice, big Vinotemp Humidor:

Vinotemp

They do mention that it's an older model and getting hard to find.

Thanks to all for your recommendations; I have opted for the temp control.

Can't you just rent a war canoe and go pick it up?????

Maybe I can get Dave to paddle :sign:

Nah, Ed, the war canoes have gone the way of the tube TV, functional but not the prettiest thing on the water.

But, I do have these lying around the garage and judging by the pic, it'll fit right on top. And NO, that's not me, my stomach pokes out a little more!

paddleboard_girlwaristocrat.jpg

:sign: :sign: :sign: