• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aristocrat Humidors

Boogs34

A lot of people here rave about the cabinet and large humidors of Aristocrat. However, my friend is interested in a desktop humidor. He is unsatisfied with his current one and asked me to find out which one to get him. I gave him some advice and threw in names like cheaphumidors, cigarmony, and Aristocrat.

My question is simple: Are the Aristocrat desktop humidors worth the much higher price they carry insofar as the quality of maintaining humidity. (Or is the higher price mainly due to their beautiful design?) I basically told him that if I were to do it over again, I'd go with cigarmony humi, palio cutter, and get Viper's 65RH beads, but he told me to make a topic and find out what the people here think regarding the humidor! So anyone's knowledge on Aristocrat and Cigarmony desktop humidors, please weigh in.

Thanks CP.

P.S: He's the guy who got me started on cigars and I told him about CP of course.

I have no experience with cigarmony humis. I will say that anything that he is willing to sell, I would be willing to receommend to a friend. I am sure it is a fine humidor that will serve your friend very well.
I do have expereince with Aristocrat (as you said, though, the larger ones) and I can not imagine EVER feeling that something by Bob Staebell isn't worth the extra money. You pay for more than just outstanding performance (though you do indeed get it!) with an Aristocrat.

Aristocrat is a hand made quality piece that will look good in any home. If money is not the problem, definitely go with
the Aristocrat. As far as function and value for your buck, Cigarmony will look after you.

So I guess the short answer would be - Mark (Cigarmony) will not sell you junk, his humi's will function just as well as an Aristocrat IMHO.

Brian

I have no experience with cigarmony humis. I will say that anything that he is willing to sell, I would be willing to receommend to a friend. I am sure it is a fine humidor that will serve your friend very well.
I do have expereince with Aristocrat (as you said, though, the larger ones) and I can not imagine EVER feeling that something by Bob Staebell isn't worth the extra money. You pay for more than just outstanding performance (though you do indeed get it!) with an Aristocrat.

We were posting at the same time, saying the same thing, albeit with a different explanation :laugh:

Brian

These are two different animals.

The Cigarmony 75-100 Ct. looks < exactly > like the one I have on my desk, though I didn't get it from Mark. I think I recognize the line of humi's that Mark carries. You could consider them some of the better quality mass produced humidors you can get, at a decent price. Though I've never done business with Mark, many on these pages have and his customer service sounds like the stuff successful businesses are built on. Can't go wrong there, I'd say.

You could say the same about Bob Staebell and his products. I've spoken with Bob on several occasions (.... :whistling: ), and he once told me "...we build everything like we were going to take it home ourselves; we build products your grandkids will fight over...". With Bob you can get precisely what you want; any finish, option, hardware, etc. you can imagine. I think in terms of craftsmen Bob is on the "top shelf" with one or two other guys. But, I think the quality easily justifies the price if that is of interest.

In the end, it's up to your friend and what he really wants. These are "apples and oranges" in my book....

Good Luck - B.B.S.

I've had one of Bobs desktops (Bloodwood with ebony splines) for about 6 years now and I've never had an issue with it. That said, just like BBS said, every humidor be it cabinet or desktop are "one of's" because its basically only Bob making every one by hand. You have to opportunity to choose exactly what wood, in what shape in whatever size. I'm currently in the midst of upgrading to a larger cabinet but will always keep the desktop. With Bob, you also have the luxury or being able to talk to the person who makes the units. If there is ever a problem, he stands behind his work 100%. Really depends on how much of an investment he wants to make. I'm not familiar with the line that cigarmony carries but they definately appear mass produced and in time your friend will be upgrading. Also depends upon how large of a collection he plans on having. If he's like me or most BOTL, nothing is too large. If he's like my boss who can't keep even a box for over a month before he smokes the whole thing or is extremely limited in space, a desktop would suffice. G1

I have 2 Diamond Crown humi's - they both keep the humidity at a consistant level for a long time!
I would not doubt that Bob's would do the same.

If your friend is looking for a piece of 'art' - then an expensive humi is always nice.
If he's looking for function - most humi's will do.
If he's just looking to store cigars...cooledor!

If your friend is looking for a piece of 'art' - then an expensive humi is always nice.
If he's looking for function - most humi's will do.
If he's just looking to store cigars...cooledor!

X2

I also have a Diamond Crown Humidor and am very pleased with it.

These are two different animals.

The Cigarmony 75-100 Ct. looks < exactly > like the one I have on my desk, though I didn't get it from Mark. I think I recognize the line of humi's that Mark carries. You could consider them some of the better quality mass produced humidors you can get, at a decent price. Though I've never done business with Mark, many on these pages have and his customer service sounds like the stuff successful businesses are built on. Can't go wrong there, I'd say.

You could say the same about Bob Staebell and his products. I've spoken with Bob on several occasions (.... :whistling: ), and he once told me "...we build everything like we were going to take it home ourselves; we build products your grandkids will fight over...". With Bob you can get precisely what you want; any finish, option, hardware, etc. you can imagine. I think in terms of craftsmen Bob is on the "top shelf" with one or two other guys. But, I think the quality easily justifies the price if that is of interest.

In the end, it's up to your friend and what he really wants. These are "apples and oranges" in my book....

Good Luck - B.B.S.

x2.
Well said BBS.

I have a 300ct that I bought from Cigarmony, and I love it. It's a great looking piece, and I have had nothing but great results with it. I run 10 oz. of Heartfelt 65% beads.

Mark's more than just a great retailer, he's a contributing member to a lot of bb's. Cigarmony all the way.

Well, he made a decision. I'd like to thank everyone here. Based on the advice I forwarded on and my limited knowledge, he's getting the following:

The Sienna humidor
HUM-150B1.gif

And then he's getting the following from Viper / Heartfelt: Z-plus insert, two 4 ounce tubes, 1 lb of 65 RH beads, digital hygrometer, boveda testing kit, and a Palio cutter.

I wish I had this wealth of knowledge when I started out - would have saved me some headaches and money! Thanks guys.

You definitely can't go wrong with Bob's humidors!

There are a few "mass producers" that the cigar accessories sites all buy from. I sampled them all prior to deciding on which one to carry. Quality Importers seemed to be the most well made of the lot and their customer service has been stellar thus far :thumbs:

Hope this helps bro!

Oh, buy bigger than you think you'll need as they seem to shrink quickly :D

~Mark