• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aristocrat mini ordered

bluestone

Sent the piece of junk humidor that came yesterday back and did some more research here at CP. Even used the search button! That's work pretty slick. I'm learning slowly but surely. Anyway I found several recomendations & photos of humis from Staebell & Associates so I purchased the Aristocrat Mini. Pretty exciting stuff. This place is kind of addicting and expensive.

I enjoy it though,

Jim

Congrats!

If you can you'll have to post pics when it arrives.

Congrats on the first of many informed decisions based on the experience of others who have learned the hard way! Now you'll hear this quite often, we want pictures.

Congrats on your purchase, my sympathies for the moment yet to come where you say to yourself "I should have bought a bigger one". :D

Oh yes, and please post pics when you get it. Bob does outstanding work.

Congrats on the purchase...!! I checked my recently acquired Staebell on the way out the door this AM, and my collection is resting comfortably at 68F / 65%..... :cool: A quality product that will serve you well.

Let's see the pics...!!!...B.B.S.

Congrats on the purchase...!! I checked my recently acquired Staebell on the way out the door this AM, and my collection is resting comfortably at 68F / 65%..... :cool: A quality product that will serve you well.

Let's see the pics...!!!...B.B.S.

Yeah... congrats on your order.

Hey B.B.S., is 68F/65% measured by the temp/humidity device Bob included or a separate device you put in the cabinet? I'm very curious.

Gratz dude. Don't forget to post pics .. we want pics !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey B.B.S., is 68F/65% measured by the temp/humidity device Bob included or a separate device you put in the cabinet? I'm very curious.
Indicated on the cabinet controller, confirmed with a hygro in the top half. Bottom (where the singles drawers are) is running a little lower in RH than the top by a couple of points.

Regards - B.B.S.

Indicated on the cabinet controller, confirmed with a hygro in the top half. Bottom (where the singles drawers are) is running a little lower in RH than the top by a couple of points.

Regards - B.B.S.

Congrats on the Humi!

-----------------------------

'dub: I use 3...the Habitat monitor and 2 digital Hydro's.

Congrats on the purchase.

You just bought one great humidor.

Bobs work is one of the best.

I ordered a mini last month. My dad enjoyed working with wood, black walnut in particular. I ended up with a coffee table and end table he had made ten years or more ago. I shipped a small drawer to Bob at his request to help him match the wood. He is the nicest guy. I had the feeling when he helped me decide on the phone which trim options to choose, he was interested in the best choices for me not just the highest priced options. Can't wait til it arrives.

Well I have been hesitant whether to post my experience with the Aristocrat Mini since there are so many recommendations for Staebell on CP, but it was suggested by another member that I do so. So here goes. I ordered a mini in August of 07 and have had many issues ever since. When it arrived I had a similar issue with the door that Seadub had. Basically it was off a little and the seal was terrible. At least a 1/16" gap. After a couple months of Bob trying to tell me how to adjust it and me refilling my CO and beads which I tried many different combinations and always had to refill every few days, he sent me a new door...same thing happend with it, maybe even worse. Finally last month he sent me a brand new Humidor. I pulled it out of the box and immediatly looked at the door seal. It looked like the seal was very weak in many places. I thought maybe I was just being to picky so I dropped a flashlight in it to see if I could see light. I was surprised to see light coming out of many different seems and along the door seal. The worst being along the seam on the back top of the humidor. It was bright as could be the whole width of the humi. I called Bob and he said seeing light is exceptable to an extent and that I should pay more attention to how often I have to charge my beeds. I just did not feel right about that answer therefore I called another craftsmen that builds humidors and he said I should see absolutely no light which agrees with all of the posts I found when searching CP about humidor seals.

To make a long story short I still have the humidor and have many hours invested in adjusting doors, constant monitoring, switching my smokes back and forth between the cooler and the mini and just plain not feeling good about my purchase. With the suggestion from the other craftsmen I have caulked many of the seems and have added another type of seel to the door. Overall it seems to be working better. I charged my beeds up 10 days ago and it has been holding steady at 65%. At this point I am exausted with it and have just accepted what I got for $500 and made it work.

Being a business owner myself I can understand some quality control issues on the first one. But if a customer has an issue and I replace the product and I guarantee the second time we deliver the product it will be flawless. I personally check it before shipping.

Jim

I'm sorry you are having a bad experience with your humidor. Mine is great.

What I don't understand is why you'd keep it and complain rather than return it for a refund and purchase something else. Seems the reasonable path to me....??

FWIW - B.B.S.

Very interesting.

I do agree with BBS, if you are not happy, send the unit back. But lets be honest here, one unhappy customer is one customer too many.

Brian

Very interesting.

I do agree with BBS, if you are not happy, send the unit back. But lets be honest here, one unhappy customer is one customer too many.

Brian
No one is perfect, and "stuff" sometimes happens. I've always thought it's how you deal with it that makes the difference. In that regard, I'm a very happy customer.

Sorry to hear about troubles - B.B.S.

Very interesting.

Brian
No one is perfect, and "stuff" sometimes happens. I've always thought it's how you deal with it that makes the difference. In that regard, I'm a very happy customer.

Sorry to hear about troubles - B.B.S.
I agree, if you deal with it correctly you have a happy customer.

Brian