• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Art imitates life or...something...

Spad31

Previously, on Battlestar Galactica...
Me: Geek. Star Wars complete nerd. Saw original in theater at 7. My entire childhood. Me Adult: Air Force. Complete nerd with meaningful security clearance and the rank to make shit happen. Callsign: "Axl". Son, complete nerd and geek with me. Also Star Wars fanboy.

Video: Awesomeness on too many levels.

-Axl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snF-FqfJna4

Heh, I actually thought of you when I watched this episode and he gave the Nod to Star Wars.

Yea, but can he sail a ship off a lee shore.

Doc

ironpeddler said:
You have a ton of surnames...Tre...Axl...Swerve...

WTF?
Ha! Trey is name...Spad31 is flight position...Axl is callsign....Swerve was me being a dumbass.

Clear as mud?

Just...just say "Sir" and we'll all be good. ;)

-Trey

For all you fellas that haven't been in the military, sir is what we call someone who doesn't work for a living.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
For all you fellas that haven't been in the military, sir is what we call someone who doesn't work for a living.

Doc
Pretty much what Doc said.

I have a buddy who served on an Aircraft Carrier. I asked him what he did in the Gulf Wars. He said "threw officers at the enemy".

MadMonk said:
I have a buddy who served on an Aircraft Carrier. I asked him what he did in the Gulf Wars. He said "threw officers at the enemy".
Actually a more accurate statement than you may think...consider: Majority of AF/Navy folks in direct harm's way are mostly pilots/aircrew. Officers.

-Trey

Spad31 said:

Actually a more accurate statement than you may think...consider: Majority of AF/Navy folks in direct harm's way are mostly pilots/aircrew. Officers.

-Trey

Yea, I actually did get the full impact of it. Pretty profound if you think about it.