• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Article is from Nov, 2011 but pretty good read....Havana Fantasy

Interesting. He's right when he says that Cuban have their own peticular flavor profile and at the same time he,s freakingly right when he says that there are some NC's out there that can be easily compare to CC's

Don't ask me why but i've got about 10 boxes of cubans in the humi- they lack, the draw sucks on every other one and they are way to mellow.

I grab a readily avaible padron and it knocks my socks off. I gift the cubans and peope get excited, as did I when I thought they had to be great, there cubans, whatever, smoke what you like.

Well you see I also gift some of my Cubans (but I'll have to hold on to the last ones until my best trip since too many were offered).

You have a problem with the draw of every one you have ! What RH% do you keep them?

I know a common issue with the Cohiba Secretos is a near-impossible draw. I've experienced it, as have several others here on the board. It's very common if you Google it. I've had similar issues with some of the different Siglo vitolas, too. Siglo II's, mainly. I've read that letting them rest until your newborn starts 3rd grade loosens up the draw a bit and may enhance the flavor profile and experience, but my oldest CC's only have about a year or so on them. Like Kona, mine sit buried in the fridgidore. I take one out every so often, but I think I've given away more than I've smoked. I hope the Maduro 5 Secretos come around. I really like them... I just can't smoke them.

I know a common issue with the Cohiba Secretos is a near-impossible draw. I've experienced it, as have several others here on the board. It's very common if you Google it. I've had similar issues with some of the different Siglo vitolas, too. Siglo II's, mainly. I've read that letting them rest until your newborn starts 3rd grade loosens up the draw a bit and may enhance the flavor profile and experience, but my oldest CC's only have about a year or so on them. Like Kona, mine sit buried in the fridgidore. I take one out every so often, but I think I've given away more than I've smoked. I hope the Maduro 5 Secretos come around. I really like them... I just can't smoke them.

I had the same problem wiht my secreto I brought back in april (well only the first one), the other two I smoked had a very nice draw once I lowered my RH%. Just to add to this day they are the best Maduro stick I've smoked.

I hope they do come around brother, it would be a shame to loose all these nice sticks to a tight draw....

Yeah I rally liek thos and I'm deceived to have bought only a box of 10...

Good article. The mystique wore off for me while I lived in the UK, but I've been very frustrated recently with CCs. My last two Vegas Robaina Famosos were plugged beyond salvage. Nothing ruins what should be a relaxing smoking experience more than having to chuck an expensive aged cigar half an inch in. Unfortunately this happens several orders of magnitude more often with CCs than any other country's cigars.