• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente 858 Rosado 2009

b.dawgson

Official BeeDog inductee!
Finally got a chance to smoke my 8-5-8 Rosado due to it being Fathers Day weekend and my wanting to have something special for the occasion.

This cigar had damn goodness flowing forth from it. Could definitely tell it had some similarities in flavor profile to an Opus. I also felt a little bit of nic kick in the throat due to lack of eating for several hours.

Sorry for the lame review. I just thought this deserved more than a "Today's Smoke" post.

Haven't had either.

I've had the 858 Natural, Chateau Maduro, and Chateau SG. This cigar surpasses them all IMO. My favorite from those 3 though would have to be the Chateau SunGrown. The 858Rosado has quite a bit more spice noticeable especially on the lips at first, then the sides of the tongue, then the back of the throat for each third, respectively of course.

I found the 858 Rosados to be too mild and almost flavorless. I bought a box when they were released and ended up trading it away after I smoked a few. Just not my thing. The 858 SGs are a far better smoke IMHO. Hell, I would rather smoke an 858 maduro than the Rosado.

I found the 858 Rosados to be too mild and almost flavorless. I bought a box when they were released and ended up trading it away after I smoked a few. Just not my thing. The 858 SGs are a far better smoke IMHO. Hell, I would rather smoke an 858 maduro than the Rosado.
This is a great example of smoke what you like, because I could not disagree with you more. I bought a couple of 858 rosados and thought they were so good that I went in search of a full box. However the two 858 sungrowns I smoked were less than impressive. They were from the original release and seemed to have been way past their prime. I do however really enjoy the 858 maduros once they have a couple years of age on them.

This is a great example of smoke what you like, because I could not disagree with you more. I bought a couple of 858 rosados and thought they were so good that I went in search of a full box. However the two 858 sungrowns I smoked were less than impressive. They were from the original release and seemed to have been way past their prime. I do however really enjoy the 858 maduros once they have a couple years of age on them.

Yep, that is why I really like reading reviews and comparing people's thoughts to mine. Always interesting.
To me the Magnum Rosarios are a much better smoke than the 858 Rosado....Nice dark wrapper with lots of flavor.

The 858 Rosado IMHO is similar to a 858 SG. At least the one I had did. :D