• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Añejo's on the way

moki

el Presidente
After reading the reviews of the Arturo Fuente Añejo here and on http://www.top25cigar.com/ I decided to grab some of them while the grabbing is good. On the way are:

5x Arturo Fuente Añejo No.48 Stick
5x Arturo Fuente Añejo No.50 Stick
2x Arturo Fuente Añejo No.46 Stick
5x Arturo Fuente Añejo Shark No.77 Stick

You people are a bad influence on me :p

good work! How did you manage to come by so many of them?

Ludwig said:
yep.....quite the markup to pay though!
yes, yes indeed. Unfortunately, if you want to get them right now, it seems that you have little choice.

WOW :(

This is the absolute nonsense that drives me crazy with the Fuente "primo" brands. The ridiculous prices they ask for them.

The Anejo's are good cigars but I don't think they're worth $15.00 let alone $28.00++

I hope you enjoy them moki but the way I look at the Fuente's is you can get Havanas for a heck of a lot less ;)

coventrycat86 said:
I hope you enjoy them moki but the way I look at the Fuente's is you can get Havanas for a heck of a lot less ;)
True enough, and if I'd ever had one of these before, I doubt I would pay this premium, even if I loved them. But I've never tried 'em, so what the heck?

re: Cubans, see my topic here...

Hey, he did what he had to do to get the smokes he wanted...................

AT LEAST HE"LL SMOKE EM! ;)

Okay, at least I hope......you bought those to smoke right bro?? They are some killer smokes man

LMK what you think about that 46

Phil

Phil said:
Hey, he did what he had to do to get the smokes he wanted...................

AT LEAST HE"LL SMOKE EM! ;)

Okay, at least I hope......you bought those to smoke right bro??  They are some killer smokes man
Oh yeah, I'll smoke them. And as was mentioned, some of these are 2 years old already (from 2001).

I realized it was a double-the-price premium before I got 'em (thanks to you folks here). That's okay, I've been wanting to try them for some time, and every other place I've been to didn't even have any at all.

It's one thing if you don't know you're being screwed, but I bent over willingly on this one ;)

Slight bummer -- apparently, I can only order 2 of each cigar. Oh well. Can't wait to see 'em anyway...

cigarsforless .... that's funny.

Only 2 of each! Well look at the doe they saved you! ;)

cohibasurfer said:
cigarsforless .... that's funny.

Only 2 of each! Well look at the doe they saved you! ;)
"cigarsforless... unless it is a primo brand we can rape you for" ;)

It never ceases to amaze me what people will charge for an $8 to $12 cigar...

mdman said:
It never ceases to amaze me what people will charge for an $8 to $12 cigar...
::shrug:: it's not really the retailer's fault, it's my fault. If people are willing to pay this kind of money for those cigars, well, it isn't unreasonable to charge it.

It's like the old adage "It's worth whatever people will pay for it"

I have had a coupla Sharks, and IMHO, it is a super-premium cigar that tops most of the Cubans I have smoked in my time. I would spend $12 retail for a Shark. Granted I couldn't afford to buy them and the rest of the stuff I like to smoke. I would buy 5 a month at $12 for the rest of my life and die a happy man.

Emo

moki said:
If people are willing to pay this kind of money for those cigars, well, it isn't unreasonable to charge it.
Very well stated!

From reading some of these posts one would think that Fuente sets the crazy high prices you find at some retailers....... who flunked economic's? If a retailer is getting the price he's asking why would he not sell them for that?

Most (and I use that word cautiously) of the retailers with outlandish prices are not authorized Fuente accounts. They buy their cigars like you and I and then sell them for whatever the public will pay. Free enterprise at its finest! ;)