• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Cameroon Wrapper

andrewhac

Andrew Hac Nguyen
From what I read about the description of the Arturo Fuente cigar line, the Hemingway and Don Carlos, both are wrapped with a Cameroon wrapper. I like those types of cigars (Best Seller, Classics, Signature, D.C #3, D.C Robusto). What would you suggest based on your experience with the Cameroon wrapper that I can look for other brand of cigar that cost less but has that deep, light spicy taste of the Cameroon wrapper ?
P.S: I may have forgotten other attribute of the Hemingway and Don Carlos line. If you have some useful insight to supplement, please do so.

I usually go for nicaraguan cigars, my two cameroon favs are torano 1916(i think) cameroon, and the C.A.O. anniversery cameroon. I don't know how much cheaper these are. The Toranos are a bit cheaper than the C.A.O.s

Gurkha makes an "Aged Cameroon" as part of their Master's Select line. Great smoke (I had one today!) but not cheap, it used to be $220 a box at CI.

Another great option is the Montecristo Afrique. Not cheap but a good bit less then the Hemis and DC's. I find them to offer a very unique flavor profile which I like. They're not as smooth as the Hemis though.

Andrew

My good ole mother once said "ya know sometimes you just can't beat the original"! and ya know I think on this one she's right ;) When I hear things as "not as smooth" "unique profile" "not cheap" hey why mess with it go for the original. Beside my good ole mom was never wrong LMAO

BenjieV :D

I smoked a TRILOGY 'Authentic Cameroon' last night. Pretty good stick. I don't know it compares to the AF, but it was good. And that triangular press looks pretty cool too :p

M. Gipson