• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

arturo fuente canones

gws3

1000 post club member
saw these at my local shop.
impressive sight. they look like the everlasting gobstopper (willie wonka reference)
of cigars. HUGE!!!!!
they are selling for $7. has anyone tried one?
if so is that a fair price. don't want to waste money or the time it would
take to smoke it if it isn't really worht it.
opinions please!!

i'm kind of hooked on the fuente churchill.
they're priced about $5 perfect burn and they also last a while. great flavor.(remember i'm a newbie so the flavor thing for what it's worth)
i smoke them on my 3hr drive to get my kids.
thanks in advance for the opinions

msrp is $5.60. Try em in both the shade grown and maduro. If ya like em, I know where you can get a box of 10 at under msrp. The shade grown is simiar to the shade grown double chateau...but bigger.

I had a few of the Canones maddies and enjoyed 'em! I usually don't smoke a cigar that big except when I'm on the golf course or working around the yard... and the Canones Maddie is definitely a great yard 'gar!

Aloha,

Wade

I've had both the nat and maduro, and I like the maduro a little more. IMHO one of the most consistant cigar that Fuente makes. And the size of this cigar is enough to get through a football game! :thumbs:

GW, this cigar has always performed well in blind testing and is one of AF stalwart performers :D but the true taste is always giving it a try. I find them to be a great smoke ;) but you diffenately need to set some time aside to enjoy this baby ;)

Also due to its length you'll only need to smoke 2 Canones to 3 Churchill :0 :p :D LMAO

Had one a few weeks ago...very,very,enjoyable. Took me almost two hours...lucky I was in no hurry!

thanks everyone,
i will definitely pick one up and give it a try.
:D

Hey GW don't reach for just one, buy a couple and spread the joy................my addy is on file :D LMAO

Mooch Alert!!!!!!!!! :D

Ben, didn't know you had it in ya, been taking LeeBo's training class I see :p

i'm usually a real softie about giving gars when i've got the cash,
but at the $7 a stick price i really have to keep my mooch guard up.
unless, of course you guys would like to send me all your spare cash
then i could relly spread the love. ;) ;) :D

Ahh a feable attempt that doesn't come close to the master LMAO :0

GW I want you to know that the same Canones that you buy for $7 goes for a mere $12.50 at the majority of local smoke shops here in the greater Seattle area ??? Oooouch

(I can never figure why all those high class cigar shops also carry pool supplies in the summer and skis in the winter)

Believe it or not though people still walk into these places and and buy smoke to keep them in business ......... go figure :D

$12.50? ouch is right! ???

that would really price me out.
i have a dead end job in a warehouse,$7 is tough sometimes. :(

benjiev said:
Ahh a feable attempt that doesn't come close to the master LMAO :0

GW I want you to know that the same Canones that you buy for $7 goes for a mere $12.50 at the majority of local smoke shops here in the greater Seattle area ??? Oooouch

(I can never figure why all those high class cigar shops also carry pool supplies in the summer and skis in the winter)

Believe it or not though people still walk into these places and and buy smoke to keep them in business ......... go figure :D
I can't stand paying retail either, but I have had really good experiences every where I go. In Key West, the owner of 1 place has a nice little smoking area in the front of his store. He always welcomes me with a courteous hello, tells me his special and recent arrivals, and asks if I need help. He stays outta my way and gives me a locals discount. I'll buy a single or 2 a week to try new stuff and keep him in business. He knows I won't buy a box from him as he gets some of his smokes from JR's wholesale side. Here in Pensacola, the guy is friendly, a little more of a salesman, but strikes up a conversation and always thanks me for serving in the millitary as he is ringing up my %15 discount. Just my $.02.

Emo

Emo, that sounds like a shop I would go to regularly, even if he was a bit above msrp. That kind of service and general good attitude is worth paying for. IMHO Does he serve coffee in there as well?

Gws3, perhaps instead of an outright Mooch, we could work out a little trade? You appear to have the market cornered on best price. Anything inparticular I could interest you in? Of would a blind trade (at least from my end) interest you?

Dave ;)

Glen, you better email me about that Canones. We may have to meet at the store, rumor has it that there have been a few bad ones floating around Richmond and I'll be happy to make sure you didn't get a dud!

:D

Theres my boy ........................... LMAO in tip top form too ;)

the concern for your fellow cp'ers is so touching (tears in eyes)
the fact that lee would come all the way over to my side of town
to make sure i didn't get ripped off,just gives me the warm fuzzies all over!
:thumbs: :thumbs: ;) ;) damn i love this place!!
thanks lee