• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Don Arturo Gran AniverXario Natural

ChiTown_Huck

Wrapper: Redish colorado wrapper. Smooth and silky feel to the wrapper

Prelight: The aroma of the wrapper is amazing. Sweet with a fermented essense, raisins maybe. Pure Opus.

Beginning: Good punch of spice right off the bat. Rich, meaty aroma, great nose. The oils are coming to the surface of the wrapper around the ash. Spice toned down about an inch in, and a woodiness came to the front. Good strength, but not too much. Raisin notes as well as sweetness

Middle: An earthiness has entered the picture. Very rich.

End: Much the same. Cubanesk earth and toasted nuts and balanced flavor.

Overall: An excellent cigar. Nicely aged tobacco. This flavor hits the sweet spot for me and is what I enjoy about Opus. Worth $60? I don't know, but worth $30 to $40 all day. If I had boxes of aged Opus maybe I would think differently. I am glad I was able to try this cigar.

Rating: 9.3

The $60 tag puts this one a little out of the realm ... thanx for the review ... glad I was able to smoke this one vicariously through you!

C...

These are good cigars. I think I prefer the SG one, but they are both excellent, if overpriced cigars.

Thanks for the review, I had picked a few of these up and was wondering how they were.