• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente: Don Carlos

I smoked my second one of these today, and darned if I'm not impressed with this brand of Fuente cigars.

Does anybody else like these as much as I seem to?

Spicy. Peppery. Smooth. Nice even burn. Solid ash. Medium strength that gradually gets stronger and spicier as the cigar progresses. The little added kick really makes for a delicious cigar. It impressed me as almost being like a Short Story in character, but three times the length - and three times the enjoyment.

I'm not real happy about these price of these cigars, but the two that I have smoked have been excellent quality. It reminded me of an Opus X, and to me the Don Carlos seem just as good.

I wouldn't mind buying a box of these if I could find them at a good price. It's hard to find them in the stores locally, and when one does they are not cheap. A very nice cigar though.

I really enjoyed the one that I smoked today!

Sam

I had one was hooked, problem is, can't find any retailer that has them for a decent price! ???

NIce Ash lists the Don Carlos belicosos and double robustos for under $200/box. Whether they actually have them in stock or not is the question.

I have only had one Don Carlos - the #2, but oh what a cigar! One of the local shops has them in robusto and #3 right now for $9 - $13 a stick.

An excellent cigar and awesome tasting. I have heard of those offered their pick of an Opus X or Don Carlos, and chose the DC over the Opus. After smoking the #2 I am not suprised! (not of course to take anything away from the Opus)

Sam

DC #2 still likely the best smoke I ever smoked. Not counting a certain ISOM I gifted but took a puff of. Anyway, that DC was what hooked me on "the good stuff". I have a #3 in my humi, got in my pass somehow :D I will fire it up next time I am looking for a spirit lifter :love:

who got that ISOM? :lookup: :lookup: :lookup:

mmmmmmmmmm............88 la carona.........(best homer simpson voice)

I occasionally smoke the #2 and the Presidente, but I've gravitated more to the Fuente sungrowns especially the Cuban Belicoso.

I love the Don Carlos line... very tasty indeed! Until last year I had boxes of the No. 3 and Robusto from 1996.... aged DCs are INCREDIBLE! My favorite in the line is the No. 3 but all the other sizes are delicious too.

Sam... I know you can purchase DCs from Holts and you can even backorder them too.... their prices on the DCs are pretty good!

Aloha,

Wade

Thanks for the "heads up," Wade. I'll check Holt's out!

Darn, those Fuente guys make great cigars! :love:

Sam :)

Mr Man, :)

Guess I know what I'll be trying to get my hands on now! Thanks for the review. And, oh yeah, my wife thanks you for giving something something else to spend my time with (the search).