• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story

J-Rod

So, this is my first review. Comments welcome!

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story

100_0765.jpg

I apologize for the crappy picture. Will be investing in an SLR soon! Thought that after dealing with a new puppy for a couple of days would be nice to sit down with a cigar and a nice tawny port.

As for the cigar itself. It was easy to get lit. The draw was very good. Not too tight, not too loose. Lots of thick creamy smoke. At the start there was a bit of pepper, than soon mellowed into a lot of strong tobacco flavor with some earthy notes for the rest of the first third.

The second third was much of the same story. And however strange as this sounds, I tasted a certain plant you can only get a prescription for in CA once during the middle. Was very strange, and had never happened to me before. (I had not had said prescription since I was 17 either, so 7 years ago. Was very brief and did not happen again. Another note, when entering the second third of the cigar, the burn was a bit uneven, but as I got to the final third it evened out nicely.

The final third was very smooth and creamy. **Forgot to mention that I smelled what seemed like baked bread once in the smoke when I put the cigar down for a couple minutes. I didn't nub it, but that's because this little guy needed to be taken out to potty.

100_0758.jpg

Overall a good smoke. Medium bodied. Pleasant smelling. I don't know that I'd invest in a box of them based on my own personal tastes, but couldn't hurt to have a few in the humi.

I think there are laws against posting pictures of cute puppies in online message boards....it's just unfair! :p
I will definitely have to give this a shot. Everyone keeps saying "fuente/padron and you wont be disappointed"

Great review!

Didn't you know Fuente has been "spicing up" the Hemingway SS lately? ;)

Liked the review and the puppy pic.

Short Stories are one of my bread @ butter sticks. Always tasty and always a few in my humi.

I heard Fuente rolls these on the thighs of virgins!:whistling:

Just saying.

PJ

Maybe we shold tell Al quida about these virgin cigars? Easier way to win this stupid thing. Glad I got a box, gonna check out those virgin thighs. :love: :love: :love:

Great review, especially for your first! I like the SS for a quick smoke in the morning and it's great because my wife likes them too. Good looking Lab, as well!

I think there are laws against posting pictures of cute puppies in online message boards....it's just unfair! :p
I will definitely have to give this a shot. Everyone keeps saying "fuente/padron and you wont be disappointed"

It's true, they're like smoking a perfect day. So mellow, creamy, well constructed, burns well and even.. A cigar that looks after you, instead of a cigar you have to look after.

Thanks for the review. I smoked an AF Hemingway Classic Figurado this afternoon and thought it was fantastic. I was looking into picking some of these up when a quick smoke was in order.

Excellent first review! :thumbs:

Still my favorite Fuente figurado.

I love the SS and personally think you can't go wrong with them. Pleasant smell and taste and short enough to be enjoyed on the fly. Now I'm going to have to get some more!

You know its funny you mention that "plant" flavor in cigars, I often wonder if folks who have not had experimented with this "plant" before simply note, "herbal", "green" and other such flavors. Every once in a while, I'll have sticks that have a hint of "plant" in it and I'm like wow, that is interesting. Of course it is all mellow "plant" flavors, never anything like strong/harsh or unpleasant. I'v noticed it in every type of stick NC, DC, CC, HC, etc.

Happy Smokes

:D

C

Never tried one yet but I've got a couple in the humidor and waiting for that perfect occasion when only a quick smoke will do.
Thanks for the review.