• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton Aged Maduro #10

T2P

Green Horn
Ashton Aged Maduro #10
5x50

Ashton brand cigars have been touted as one of the more consistently enjoyable lines available. Being an Arturo Fuente product, that should not come as much of a surprise to anyone. As of this review, I had not tried many of the Ashton line but enjoyed my recent experience with an Ashton ESG, despite some construction issues and looked forward to trying another within the line.

Ashton’s Aged Maduro certainly lives up to its name. The dark wrapper is slightly rugged with minor veins and a toothy texture. An oily sheen coats the length of the stick and the contrasting appearance between it and the primarily white band presents a gorgeous image.

Construction of this cigar is fantastic. A consistent filler presents no soft spots and promises an even burning smoke, which does prove to be the case. A slightly wavy but self-correcting burn leaves behind a reasonably tight white ash that has some cracking yet still manages to hang on between one and two inches before dropping. Only one area caused some concern and that was the top layer of the triple cap. Around the perimeter it was curled outward but still remained very secure through the end of the smoke.

One flavor presents itself throughout the smoke and that is spice. More and more I find that when a smoke has a decent amount of spice to it I would rather it remain consistent. Smoking a cigar that randomly hits you with bursts of power does not sit well with me and thankfully the Aged Maduro avoids that. Coffee, leather and nuttiness make appearances throughout the session. At about the half way point a tart citrus akin to lime even showed briefly. Regularly accompanied by hints of sweet toffee, the continuous spice and tobacco flavors lead to a strong but well blended profile.

The Ashton Aged Maduro #10 is perfect for those who prefer a stable full bodied smoke. Its solid construction requires no babysitting while the copious amounts of spicy smoke reminds you not to disregard it. Although a little bolder than I personally enjoy regularly, this cigar will not disappoint those who like a more Full bodied smoke. At roughly eight dollars per stick this is a great buy for a spicy cigar lover.

P5160033.jpg

P5160034.jpg

P5160038.jpg

P5160040.jpg

P5160043.jpg

I believe I've smoked one of these before, however am not 100% sure. From your descriptors, it sounds like something I would probably like. Excellent review and pics!

Joe, thanks for the great review. It's been quite some time since I've smoked one of these, but I remember it being very good. Like the Heritage Puro Sol, I think it's a good Ashton product that gets a bit lost in the shuffle. I'll be back in the States for a week in July-- I think this just made my shopping list.

Joe, thanks for the great review. It's been quite some time since I've smoked one of these, but I remember it being very good. Like the Heritage Puro Sol, I think it's a good Ashton product that gets a bit lost in the shuffle. I'll be back in the States for a week in July-- I think this just made my shopping list.

That Heritage Puro Sol you gifted me was an excellent smoke! ;)

Again, thanks for the comments everyone.

I was presently surprised by this one too because I had not heard much about it prior to recieving it. Really, it is a fantastic smoke and although it was not exactly perfect for me, I enjoyed it enough where I would pick up a few and let them rest to see if they mellowed out a little.

Speaking of which, I know I still owe you a review on that stick you sent me mjolnir01. Unfortunately, my desktop humi, which is supposed to be at 65%, in no longer holding a seal and I do not trust the smoke you sent me at 70%. I am a little short on cigar funds right now so I may be taking the tupperador rout for the time being so once I get that up and running, in it goes.

I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as you did, Greg!

Speaking of which, I know I still owe you a review on that stick you sent me mjolnir01. Unfortunately, my desktop humi, which is supposed to be at 65%, in no longer holding a seal and I do not trust the smoke you sent me at 70%. I am a little short on cigar funds right now so I may be taking the tupperador rout for the time being so once I get that up and running, in it goes.

Joe, no worries. I know you'll get around to it eventually. It's waited 9 years to be smoked... I think it can hold out a little longer. :D

Joe, no worries. I know you'll get around to it eventually. It's waited 9 years to be smoked... I think it can hold out a little longer. :D

With that little bit of knowledge, I am going to be picking up the stuff for one today. If the flavor of this stick is anything like the last I will be overjoyed.