• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton Heritage Puro sol Beli #2

burn-slow

Cigar: Ashton Heritage Puro Sol Belicoso #2
Manufacturer: Fuente/Ashton (Carlos Fuente Sr & the late Rick Meerapfel)
Wrapper: Cameroon
Filler: Dominican Sun Grown
Binder: Dominican Sun Grown

ashton_Belicoso_bg.jpg

Construction: Great Fuente craftsmanship a darker than nromal cameroon wrapper
Pre light aroma: Sweet smell of light cherry and raison like a well aged Don carlos and Opus x mix
Pre light taste: light spice with sweetness in the background

This little Beli lit right up and burn was perfect all the way through. The draw was exceptional and the prelight aroma was an indicator of taste. Right off the bat the subtle sweetness and spice was evident. From the 1st inch to the last third the flavor of raisons and cherry tempered by a light spice was the predominant flavor. Although the spice was slowly increasing from the the start it never made it's big entrance until the last third. That being said, remember that this is a short smoke so a nubbing tool of some sort might be in order. Unprepared for this I just sacrificed my finger tips, because this cigar had me really staying with till the very end. The spice was never overwehlming but just right with a kicker at the end. I had never tried these fearing that they were too mild for me and now I know better. I do believe that this cigar had some significant age on it based on the yellowing cellophane. Overall my impression of this cigar was great, it's flavor profile is classic High end Fuente and it definitley gives you that euphoric feeling that I admire from good cigars. I would clasify this cigar as medium bodied full flavored although the flavor did remain almost constant from start to finish I would not label it as one demisional because of the spice increase as you near the end.

8.5/10

Thanks for that great review.

I often think of the Heritage as the "passed over" cigar. It is a very good smoke, but suffers from popularity. This of course has nothing to do with it being a good smoke, and it damn well is.

Thanks again.

I love the Ashton Heritage Puro Sol. My favorite is the Corona Gorda-- the narrow ring gauge I think really brings out the flavor in the wrapper. I taste graham crackers on the finish.

Thanks for the review! I might have to check out the Belicoso.

Shhhh. Let's keep it under the radar. ;)

Doc.