• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton Seconds?

Shuji

I just picked up a bundle of seconds that are just marked 'Over Productions'. The label on the bundle has a mother holding three crying kids and the dad standing over them angrily, holding a shoe like a paddle. They are marked Dominican.

The guy at the cigar store told me that they are seconds from the Ashton factory ... anyone heard of/smoked these?

I'm going to smoke one tomorrow and I'll report back with how they are.

Hmmmmmmmmmm,

Never heard of those but hey, if they taste good who cares if the story is real or a line of BS. :D

When you closing on that house or are you still living in your car :D

That I am aware of there are no A. Fuente "2nd Products"

I believe they had a statement about this on their website.

Fuente Rolls for Ashton. Here's what they say:

Arturo Fuente Seconds Information

The following letter was sent to all of our Fuente and Newman retailers this week regarding the sale of fake Arturo Fuente Seconds:

April 6, 2000

Dear Tobacconist Friends:

We are sure you are aware that we do not offer "Arturo Fuente" Seconds for sale. If any Arturo Fuente cigar we produce is not up to our rigid Fuente standards, that cigar is either destroyed at our factories or it is given to our employees for their personal consumption.

I am taking this opportunity to remind you of this fact, because it has come to our attention that some retailers are offering to sell to their customers supposed "Arturo Fuente" Seconds, especially Hemingway Seconds. We assure you that if anyone offer to sell you "Arturo Fuente" Seconds whether they be Hemingway or any other Arturo Fuente cigars, the products are counterfeits, not Arturo Fuente cigars.

These phony cigars can easily defame the reputation of our handmade cigars which we cannot allow to happen. We have achieved the recognition of producing the Number One sought after cigars in America, because of our diligence and passionate dedication to quality, and we shall not allow unscrupulous merchants to besmirch our reputation. Therefore, to maintain our good name and in order to protect the loyal consumers of the cigars that bear our family name, we are undertaking, as of today, the following policy:

ANY TOBACCONIST WHO WE DISCOVER IS MISLEADING HIS/HER CUSTOMERS BY OFFERING ANY CIGAR THAT HE/SHE CLAIMS TO BE AN "ARTURO FUENTE" SECOND OR ANY OTHER COUNTERFEIT ARTURO FUENTE CIGAR, WILL IMMEDIATELY BE ELIMINATED AS AN AUTHORIZED ARTURO FUENTE RETAILER AND WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE ANY ARTURO FUENTE CIGARS IN THE FUTURE.

Unfortunately, we have to establish this policy due to the severity of this widespread problem. As an honest, scrupulous tobacconist, we are sure you understand why we are initiating this new policy. If anyone offers you "Arturo Fuente" Seconds or any other counterfeit Arturo Fuente cigar, please bring this matter to our attention as soon as possible.

We look forward to maintaining our mutually beneficial relationship with you now and in the future.

Cordially,

Carlos Fuente, Sr. and Carlos Fuente, Jr.

Interesting. I'm sure he was just mistaken, then. I've never had this guy steer me wrong in 3+ yrs of buying from him.

Here's to hoping they're good smokes anyway. :)

I just tried some of these smokes yesterday.

I dissected one and smoked one.

This is one of the best 'bad' smokes I have ever had. I say bad because it is definitely not a 'second' or over-production. It is a leftovers cigar. It is mixed filler and looks to be made from the 'extra' tobacco laying around on the rolling table.

This isn't bad, however - it is, all in all, a pretty damn good smoke, and well worth the price. I smoked it about an hour or two after smoking a Cuesta Rey sungrown Robusto #7. Didn't make it bland or harsh, which is a plus.

Might have found my new 'everyday' smoke.