• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG Corona Gorda

iota

Ashton VSG Corona Gorda. (5.75 x 46) Starting off, the construction appears excellent. The wrapper is good looking and has a firm feel overall. There prelight aroma is pleasant and familiar. Right off the bat there's a sharp initial flavor. I wouldn't call it harsh though. While it felt firm initially, after only a quarter of an inch or so it became soft and spongy all the way down to the band. I was a little concerned that it was going to burn too hot and too fast. The ash is quite soft and drops off at the slightest tap. The draw is nice and easy, excellent in fact. Lots of good smoke, the aroma is great. Into the second half of the smoke, the flavor has really smoothed out a lot. It's on the lighter side of full bodied, I'd say. But definitely a full, rich flavor. I haven't had any problems with the burn, mostly nice and even the whole time. Into the last third, the flavor spiked! A added level of something a bit more complex and definitely enjoyable. I like this smoke. It did burn a bit fast in the end, but not at all hot like I feared, even down to the nub.

I'm going to have to come back in here later and push in the research. There's definitely a lot of good info and opinions on these and it's going to take me longer than I thought to put it together. But I wanted to get this out here since I've been putting that off for too long now! But I figured if I put this up anyway I'd shame myself into finishing that sooner rather than later. :)

800598642_yJbSV-XL.jpg

800604930_hjRYf-XL.jpg

800620860_9Yy8t-XL-1.jpg

800624889_LzB5k-XL.jpg

A great smoke, and another great review bud. :thumbs: