• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG Enchantment

SamGuss

I received in a box pass I did last winter sevral good sticks. It was an awesome pass and one of the cigars that made it's way back was an Ashton VSG Enchantment.

Since then I have been sitting on it for these past few months. I took out tonight here late for no other puprose than I wanted a short smoke and I am out of any robusto's or other quick smoke cigars. The short stubby cigar is a thing of beauty with a nipple on the end, remenent of the Hemmingway line.

Dark brown, chocalate colored, sturdy and smooth, the construction of this cigar is outstanding and simply a piece of art. The light was easy with the nipple - I tell you as a side bar, I love the way nipple-ended cigars light up and burn.

The taste on this cigar was very impressionable with light tastes of dark chocolate and cream and coffee. This suprised me a little as I expected the more over powering tastes that I normally associate with the Ashton VSG lines. The smoke was not that heavy and a nice aroma to it as well, which complemented the tasting experience well. And yes, Princee has joined me for this smoke as well, even sitting up and sniffing the cigar as it rested between puffs in the ashtray - course she has always done this with the VSG's, I believe they may be her favorite cigar.

The cigar smoked evenly and consitently throughout the smoke and was truly enjoyable and was very relaxing - for both myself AND Princess (the cigar slut). The ash held well too, not cracking significantly until a third of it was burned down.

Overall, one of the lighter but more pleasant of the VSG line that I have tried and will definately want to add some more of these to my collection.

I rate this cigar at a 92, Princeess gives it a straight up 100.

Sam

Nice review, Sam. Tell ya what....you start calling "nipple-ended cigars" perfectos and we'll let you drop the "newbie" tag. :p Btw, I agree with you about the Enchantments possibly the best of the VSG line. And your kitty has good taste in cigars. :)

FatherTiresius said:
Nice review, Sam. Tell ya what....you start calling "nipple-ended cigars" perfectos and we'll let you drop the "newbie" tag. :p Btw, I agree with you about the Enchantments possibly the best of the VSG line. And your kitty has good taste in cigars. :)
Is that what they are called????

Seriously, I kept thinking of perfectos as those store-brand "Cutch Perfecto's" which I remember as a kid being these big and long cigars :sign:

Ok, deal on the perfectos instead of nipple-ended :D but I am still a newbie on reviewing and most cigars. I think the most of any line of any specific cigar is maybe the Short Stoy, I have probaly had a dozen by now at least. I know, I am young still though so have plenty of time to catch up :D

Thanks for the correction and the new term!

Sam

Well Father,
If you thought Sam calling the end "Nipple Ended" odd, then wait till you see this one.
I am embarrased. I got a cigar from one of the brothers here that has a "nipple" on each end. Now, I admit I am a newbie to cigars. I have looked at that thing and wondered which end to cut off, or should I cut both ends off. If I do that, which end do I light and which end do I chomp.
Thanks for the help
Jerry ??? ??? ???

:sign:

I would cut the end near the top of the band!........ Unless of course it does not have a band... Then your on your own :p

One of the ends "should have a slight opening. If it does not, well....

Your on your own!!!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Ashton VSG Enchantment....Wow...

I was in my local humidor when my cell phone rang....knowing that it was likely a lengthy conference call (with attorneys no less) I grabbed a VSG, had it punched and lit it up....

Can't (and don't want to) remember much about the call, but the smoke was great! I don't smoke often at lunch, but a smoke like that may make me change that stance. Burned right up to the band before I realized I might not want the ash to end up in my lap...Ought to make the rest of the afternoon a breeze!

Had to pick up a few more for later :D :D :D