• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG Enchantment

Jesuswept

Oh, the horror!
Ashton VSG Enchantment
Size: 4 3/8 x 60
Cigar Shape: Figurado
Cigar Filler: Dominican Republic
Cigar Binder: Dominican Republic
Cigar Wrapper: Ecuador

Well, today I had the pleasure of enjoying a smoke I've wanted to try for a few months.
I've heard lots of good things about the VSG Enchantment and wanted to give it a go for myself.
They have been pretty hard for me to find but uptown had 2 left a few weeks back and I snagged them (thanks Isy).
It has been a pretty trying few weeks for me and I've needed a break. I'm a sucker for Figurado's so Enchantment seemed to be right up my alley. I recently have been enjoying the Oliva Series G special G's and think they have a great price/enjoyment ratio.

I sat down with a nice cup of joe topped off with a splash of knob Creek to sweetn the deal.
The VSG Enchantment was not a let down and certainly lived up to its praise.
The ash was almost snow white and fell off at about the 3/4 mark. The construction was solid with no major veins or imperfections.
Mine did have some strange specs on the wrapper, not sure what they were. I think it might have been some oil marks or maybe some water droplets got onto the wrapper causing a little discoloration. The flavors were earthy, sweet and deep. The draw was perfect for me and produced copious amounts of rich smoke. The burn was a little uneven but nothing that I couldn't correct. This little guy packed a bit of a nicotine punch as I started to get down towards the nub. I nubbed the crap out of it since I didn't want the enjoyment to end. The pairing of this smoke with some coffee was the right choice. They complimented each other very well. I've only had one other experience with the VSG line and I think it was a Tres Mystique gifted to me a long time ago by CP superstar Wilkey a (many thanks for the introduction to the VSG line).

I wish I had pictures because that little guy deserves a superstar review but I didn't set out today thinking I was going to write about it.
It was well worth the 11bucks I paid for it and a box purchase is certainly on my short list of smokes to get. It amazing how you tastes change over time and how you become more in tune with the true complexity of some of these sticks. This smoke wasn't the most complex I've ever had, but it was true to its deep wonderful flavors and never let me down.

If I had to rate it on a scale of 1-100 out of the sticks I've had I would rate it right at about 90/95 range.
Many thanks to the wonderful BTLS here and for the information you provide that makes this hobby so enjoyable.

thanks CP,
Trev

edit# spelln

Very nice review. Love the VSG's myself!!

Don