• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG on the way

Swe-Mike

As stated above I need help deciding what I should drink to my Ashton. I've tried Zino Mout. Cad. with mild, young cognac before. But I think the Ashton is a bit "heavier" than the Zino. Any suggestions?

I'd have to suggest a nice rich Port wine to accompany that fine ceegar..... :thumbs:

stogieman said:
I'd have to suggest a nice rich Port wine to accompany that fine ceegar..... :thumbs:
I agree with Stogie on the port.

Also rum neat goes well with the VSG.

Try a nice dark rum like Cruzan Estate Diamond Rum or El Dorado 5 year old. Both are great sippers, perfect to accompany your VSG.

Best drink I ever had with an Ashton VSG is coconut rum. Malibu Rum to be exact but am sure Parot's Bay or any of the others will work fine as well.

Other types of Rum go well too of course though, so can't go wrong. The coconut rum though brings out some flavor as well though that just complemented each other well in my opinion.

Sam

SamGuss said:
Best drink I ever had with an Ashton VSG is coconut rum. Malibu Rum to be exact but am sure Parot's Bay or any of the others will work fine as well.

Other types of Rum go well too of course though, so can't go wrong. The coconut rum though brings out some flavor as well though that just complemented each other well in my opinion.

Sam
Thats a surprise to see some one recommend a coconut rum. I cant see that these two can go together. Isnt the rum very dominant? The cocanut rums i have tryed are very dominant and give every other thing a "holiday" taste to it.

Hey but i wont say any thing before i have tryed it ;D

I love my VSGs with a strong, black cup of fine coffee! Try this in the morning... it makes a helluva breakfast!

Aloha,

Wade

Azon said:
SamGuss said:

Sam
Thats a surprise to see some one recommend a coconut rum. I cant see that these two can go together. Isnt the rum very dominant? The cocanut rums i have tryed are very dominant and give every other thing a "holiday" taste to it.

Hey but i wont say any thing before i have tryed it ;D
Sorry, I should of added you use in a mixed drink versus straight up, therefor the rum doesn;t dominate. Course I haven't tried it straight up with a VSG before but I imagine just about anything straight (hard liquor wise) will over power a cigar.

Sam

I have to agree with Sam on this one. Unless you like Vodka or Gin most other liquors will definitely overpower most cigars. Still I like a good rum or scotch with a good cigar. They do compliment each other. Of course you will want a nice full flavored stick like the VSG as the lighter smokes will most likely be a disappointment.

I went out and got some Malibu Cocnut Rum. This stuff is great with cigars, great in general. Can't believe I haven't tried it before. I always have Squirt on hand since I love Kamikazies, I should try it with 7up though.

What else goes well with Cocnut rum?

We should start a Cocnut rum recipies thread.

Did I mention I kind of like this stuff?

I thought it went well with cigars personally, but then I'm usually just not quite right anyway.

gibu said:
I went out and got some Malibu Cocnut Rum. This stuff is great with cigars, great in general. Can't believe I haven't tried it before. I always have Squirt on hand since I love Kamikazies, I should try it with 7up though.

What else goes well with Cocnut rum?

We should start a Cocnut rum recipies thread.

Did I mention I kind of like this stuff?

I thought it went well with cigars personally, but then I'm usually just not quite right anyway.
Welcome to the other dark side bruddah ;)

It goes well with everything just about LOL. Malibu usually has a couple recipes on the bottle. Personally I kinda like it with Sprite - makes sorta of a cocanut soda pop. Really good with just about any fruit dominated drink a well.

Sam

Ok, now you guys are talking in my room. Try the Captn Morgans Parrot Bay rum with the new Vanilla Coke. Damn, it will make your taste buds so happy, you'll have to put down the cigar to run around the house.
Later
Jerry

I like the VSG with a good port myself..but it hink i may need to try the coconut Rum! mmmmm.....