• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG robusto

dead_man

Just smoked my first one of this size, and man, what a great smoke. Full bodied, but not harsh at all. I not good at picking out flavors yet, but I picked up leather, earthy, and woody notes. It picked up at the half way point with some spicyness, but never got harsh. The draw was great. It had a very nice oily wrapper. Loads of smoke too. Burn was a little off, but I smoked it right from the B&M, so I'm gonna say it was a little on the wet side. They usally don't have this size, just carry the tres mystique, so I couldn't wait to smoke it. I think it was a lot stonger the the mystique too. What a great cigar. I loved it. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.

I love these. Just bought a box today!

Doc.

Nice,

I look forward to my first VSG (thanks to bfreebern)I hear they're pretty damned full bodied, so I'm slightly nervous, lol.

Nice,

I look forward to my first VSG (thanks to bfreebern)I hear they're pretty damned full bodied, so I'm slightly nervous, lol.
I certainly would characterize VSG's as a full flavor, but nothing to be apprehensive about. It's a full bodied cigar but it's delivered with sophistication and finesse.

Doc.

Nice,

I certainly would characterize VSG's as a full flavor, but nothing to be apprehensive about. It's a full bodied cigar but it's delivered with sophistication and finesse.

Doc.

Exactly right Doc. Dead-on description.

Yep, the VSGs are full flavor but not in an over powering way. They are a great smoke w/ a morning cup of coffee or two.

I've only had one of the smaller ashton VSGs and wasn't as blown away as I've read I should have been. I think the only size I've tried was the Tres Mystique. I'll have to try a larger size. I would like to give the Enchantment or Wizard a go.

Awesome smokes, just picked up a box of Illusions from the Ashton event last night at a local smoke shop. Love those VSG's, but cannot wait till the ESG's

Nice,

Doc.

Well said Doc, sophistication and finesse is an apt description.
The VSG line is excellent. If I only have 30 minutes
I seem to reach for a Tres Mystique these days.

Brian

Well, I'll be having my first this evening, looking forward to it.

I can't remember if I've smoked the VSG Robusto, but last weekend I was given a VSG, a Corona Gorda I think. It was a great smoke.

The VSG Robusto and Enchantment are beautiful things! :love:

Well, had my first VSG tonight (thanks brandon).

Wow, it was fab.

I now see what everyone was talking about with it being full yet delivered with sophistication and finesse. Very full in flavor yet it never tried to knock me off my chair.

Construction was beautiful and a great prelight aroma. I saddled it with a cup o' joe and had a great hour and a half.

I also picked up on the spicyness at about the halfway mark. It was a very welcomed change of pace. I loved the smoothness at the beginning, but the spicyness towards the end made for a great finish.

Overall I was very impressed, which sorta sucks because now I'll have to get more, and I know they ain't cheap, lol.