• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG?

King

Local shop has them for $15. What has been the price in other areas?
Are they a good smoke?
I enjoyed the sorcerer vsg in the past.
Cheers

The price sounds about average. If you've had them before YOU are the best judge yourself as to whether or not they are a good smoke.

Personally I cannot justify spending $15.00 a stick on these but that's just my opinion, Phil wil disagree :p

I enjoy the taste of Cuban tobacco much more and there are lots of Havanas out there for a heck of a lot less than $15.00 ;)

VSG's are a GREAT stick!! One of the best By Carlito IMO!

$15 isnt bad for in store prices, but you can do way better if you shop around on the internet.

As for the folks who tell you that if your buying a high end domestic you might as well go Cuban for a bit less $$, I must say this.........

Yes your proly right, for the $$ you can get a better tasting Cuban cigar then any Domestic cigar. but IMO here is the fun of being a connoisseur, I have many of those cheapo $7-15 ISOM cigars, I also have many $ 20 + + ISOM cigars that are some the most beautifull cigars I have ever laid eye's on. In addition to that I also have Domestics. Many of these domestics have a profile that can't be replicated by ANY ISOM cigar that I have ever tried and if I want that taste then I must go buy an Opus X or Anejo or WOAM or VSG or Don Carlos or PAM 64/26/millie, ect. ect. If you compare any of the cigars I just listed to thier ISOM counterpart then they will be beaten IMO, but, If you just want that flavor profile that these cigars have to offer.......

Don't overlook the domestics, not until you have tried them all at least ;)

King said:
Local shop has them for $15. What has been the price in other areas?
I smoked a VSG torpedo at my LCS about a week ago, paid $14 for it and that's one of the larger sticks so i think your price is about right.

Smoothest cigar i've had so far, great smoke.

Isn't the Ashton VSG line part of AF or is it a Padron familia? Or did I not hear that somewhere and simple make this up...Really wondering.....Anyone know?? :D

Ashton VSGs are part of the J C Newman line. J C Newman Cigar Company and Carlos Fuente are partners.

Yeah for store prices those sound about right. You can do better buying online and from brothers of the leaf who may have some they are looking to empty out of their humidors.

As far as whether they are worth the price is up to you and every other person who smokes (or doesn't smoke) them. Personally I like to have a few on hand and think the price is worth it. While I have turned into more of an ISOM smoker than a domestic one, I still enjoy these cigars a lot. My personal favorites are the Enchantments and the Sorceror's.

Sam

I would go $15 on a torp..with my teeth gritted.. but some little corona.. absolutely not.

I know a good little online shop that sells singles at a decent price. PM me and I'll give it to you if you want it. They also have cheap prices on Opus.